PDA

View Full Version : i need advice on a program for a beginner

fitnesschick
05-26-2006, 07:06 PM
my friend is a complete beginner to weights ... never lifted ever. she can work out twice a week at the gym (she has 7 kids left at home!!!) with a possibility for a third day at home (she has a cable thingy and i was going to give her my dumbells).
is there some way to make thunder's 3 day program into a 2 day program that would be appropriate for a complete beginner? i searched the stickies and also searched this forum (looked at the threads but didn't read all of them over again).

thanks!

Blondell
05-26-2006, 11:20 PM
The only thing I can think of is to have her do days 1 and 2 at the gym and do the best she can @ home w/ day 3. I hope this bump provides answers from others for you. :)

fitnesschick
05-27-2006, 05:53 AM
hey thanks ... i took the beginner program off one of the links from stumptous.com or whatever it is. i'm not sure she'll come back :unsure:
i think it was a little intimidating for her and overwhelming ... i forgot that whole beginning learning stage can be a little scary sometimes.

Leah
05-27-2006, 01:40 PM
She can do T's 3 day program....I would knock off the heavy day though and just do the medium and light days and drop any isolation movements that may be there. Once she gets used to that, and is feeling good about those exercises she just learned...you add them back in. It would be great if you helped her the first couple of times and went through the movements w/ her.

fitnesschick
05-27-2006, 04:02 PM
thanks leah. i hope she will come back ... i'm going to encourage her and i'll definitely come with her the first few times to help her out.

Bravogrl27
05-27-2006, 04:48 PM
You're a good friend for her to have! I think a lot more people would "get more into it" (weights) if they had someone to help them out at first. And wow, 7 kids??? That's also amazing . .. pretty soon she'll be lifting them. :)

fitnesschick
05-27-2006, 04:53 PM
thanks bravogirl :) she felt scared about going and being around guys in the gym so i'm only glad i can help her - she actually has 10 kids ... 7 are still at home :)

Bravogrl27
05-28-2006, 09:35 PM
WOW. That's a lot of kids. I know that still happens I just don't know anyone personally with that many. My biological dad was one of 12 kids but I never really knew him or any of them, so it's still hard to imagine a household with that many kids . . . anyway, hope she keeps coming back. She needs the extra strength & energy!