PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

donnajo
05-30-2006, 05:27 PM
MY little one is sick and I can't go to the gym this week. I can't put her in kid kare.It sucks because next week we are going on vacation and that was going to be my week off from training. I can do cardio at home but I don't have weights heavy enough at home to do my lifting workouts. I also don't have anyone to watch her so I can go to the gym. Any ideas or am I just screwed?

jrb1980
05-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by donnajo@May 30 2006, 05:27 PM
MY little one is sick and I can't go to the gym this week. I can't put her in kid kare.It sucks because next week we are going on vacation and that was going to be my week off from training. I can do cardio at home but I don't have weights heavy enough at home to do my lifting workouts. I also don't have anyone to watch her so I can go to the gym. Any ideas or am I just screwed?
Do you have a friend or SO or anybody who could watch her for just an hour? Even if you only get there 2 times this week, you could do 2 full body workouts and do cardio at home - could even go rent some workout DVDs.

donnajo
05-30-2006, 06:30 PM
I guess I could go in the morning when my husband is home and just do 2 full body workouts this week. . I was just doing so good on my program. I guess I will do some HITT today on my bike. I have a trainer that I can set my bike up on.

jrb1980
05-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Yeah, don't just throw in the towel because you got thrown a curve ball. I have always struggled with this all or nothing attitude which I am finally overcomming.

If your husband is home in the am, why not do all your weight workouts in the morning and do cardio at home. If you end up doing SS as opposed to HITT for a couple of sessions so be it.

Use the thought of the week off as motivation!

donnajo
05-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Thanks. I have to learn to be more flexible. I guess I just feel antsy and want to lift so bad. I was really in the mood for it today. I love lifting so much more than cardio.

Suzqtraining
05-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Yeah even if you could do some push ups, leg lifts, squates or even work your abs )all could be done at home.... :)

momoftwins
05-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Being flexible really is the key, my kids get sick at least once every 2 months for a week. I usually get a sitter 1 day, go at 6 am before my husbnad goes to work another day, I might go at night one day. I do what I have to in order to fit it in.

donnajo
05-30-2006, 11:24 PM
Update! Great, I think I am getting sick now. I have the chills real bad and body aches. Ugh! I am supposed to teach spin tomorrow too. Why? :suicide: :barf: