PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling of HIIT vs. weights

FitMomof4
05-31-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi,
I'm a first-time poster here although I have been lurking for a bit :)
My question: If I were to do a 4-day split for weights, such as 2 days upper (1-heavy; 1-light) + 2 days lower (1-heavy; 1-light), then where should I fit in my cardio? I am currently doing a 3-day full body weight workout (Thunder's to be exact) and doing HIIT on 2 days and a 30-minute interval workout on one day, and taking one day off. I have been doing this particular schedule for about 6 weeks. If I switch up to 4 days of weights then do I drop a cardio in order to have a day off, or double up a cardio day with a weight day? I'm under the impression you should always take a day off; although I have gone long periods of time working out 7 days so I am not against that either. Is it bad to do, say HIIT on an upper body day? All suggestions welcome. And here's my chance to thank Thunder for the full-body routine - I love it.

Candice

Erik
05-31-2006, 03:02 PM
I'd add the cardio to a training day - separate session if possible. And I'd rather do it on a lower body day than an upper body day. That way your legs get more complete days off.

FitMomof4
06-01-2006, 12:33 AM
Thanks - I'll try it!