PDA

View Full Version : training interrupted

musclema
06-01-2006, 07:47 PM
If I get interrupted during training is it OK to pick back up where I left off a few hours later? I never did but I get interrupted sometimes, like today, and I still had 1/3 of my workout left.

Isn't it better to pickup than not finish at all?

DianeD
06-01-2006, 07:58 PM
This happened to me just yesterday. I still had 2 more sets to do, but got paged by the daycare center & had to go. I told myself I would just let it be and train as scheduled on Friday. :dry:

Hoochiemomma
06-01-2006, 08:04 PM
I think it depends on the situation - but if I was interrupted and couldn't pick up where I left off, I'd do the same as Whoamama and proceed with my week as though nothing happened. I don't stress about missing my workout because one of the reasons I work out is to help my stress level...

This is me: Before workout :curse: After workout :p

PowerManDL
06-01-2006, 08:36 PM
You might actually be better off splitting things up like that.

musclema
06-01-2006, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL@Jun 1 2006, 03:36 PM
You might actually be better off splitting things up like that.
I can see that so I could put as much effort into the second half I just didn't know if it would mess you up or not.

Fitguy777
06-02-2006, 05:08 AM
I think another factor would be how long your interupted, be it a few minutes or a few hours is how I would judge it. If I get cold I think it may be time to call it quits but if I'm still warm then I would continue.

Question: Does one get cramps if one starts up again after getting cold?

-Israel :train:

hannas-hottie
06-02-2006, 04:37 PM
What I find that helps is in the rare instance that I am interupted (I wear an I-pod to avoid unwarranted conversations) I'll hop back on the eliptical or grab a jump rope and just take two minutes and get sweaty again. I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do but it works for me. ;) Keeps me from getting injured.

Blondell
06-02-2006, 04:40 PM
I had to split up a w/o last week. The next day I was more sore than I had been in awhile. (DOMS)

It hurt so good! :lol:

PowerManDL
06-02-2006, 04:54 PM
If I had the ability to train twice a day, I would.

Heavy/fast/strength stuff in the morning, light/pump/hypertrophy stuff in the evening.

It's only due to practical reasons that it all gets lumped together.

Erik
06-02-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL@Jun 2 2006, 12:54 PM
If I had the ability to train twice a day, I would.

Heavy/fast/strength stuff in the morning, light/pump/hypertrophy stuff in the evening.

It's only due to practical reasons that it all gets lumped together.
I've done this for intense yet short blocks. It's excellent, but I can't handle it for very long.