PDA

View Full Version : New to Board

Chavez "luctor et emergo"
03-15-2009, 05:04 AM
As the title indicates, I am new to the board.;) Let me see...okay, I am 28 years old living in Houston, TX, I love fitness and nutrition and love meeting those who are not just interested in it as well but also who I can learn from. I recently decided to work with Erik, as I am competing in this years Houston Pro AM. Joining the LB Community was a no brain er after Erik sent me a few links to threads posted here on the board, I was really impressed. I absolutely look forward to making new friends and learning all that I can, thanks in advance!

Gnat
03-15-2009, 09:49 AM
As the title indicates, I am new to the board.;) Let me see...okay, I am 28 years old living in Houston, TX, I love fitness and nutrition and love meeting those who are not just interested in it as well but also who I can learn from. I recently decided to work with Erik, as I am competing in this years Houston Pro AM. Joining the LB Community was a no brain er after Erik sent me a few links to threads posted here on the board, I was really impressed. I absolutely look forward to making new friends and learning all that I can, thanks in advance!

:hi:
Welcome! You are going to love working with Erik and being here at LBF! We are definitely a very friendly bunch, but the support caring and knowledge of the people here is what makes it so special. Looking forward to getting to know you. Consider starting a journal so that we can all follow your progress.

Cathie
03-15-2009, 09:50 AM
:wave: Welcome!

Noel Clark
03-15-2009, 10:25 AM
Welcome!!!Glad to have you.

RpH
03-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Nice signature. Welcome.

Inatic
03-15-2009, 11:53 AM
welcome to the the group!

My family lives in Houston (I have my mom, sis, bro and neices and nephews over there).
<note to self, call mom>

Blondell
03-15-2009, 12:24 PM
It's great to see new males posting! WELCOME!!! :)

03-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the love, everyone!

gym1cat
03-17-2009, 12:52 AM

Hey Chris. Welcome to LB. I am new here too. When is your competition? I am competing in the fall so a ways from diet.

03-17-2009, 02:35 AM
Hey Chris. Welcome to LB. I am new here too. When is your competition? I am competing in the fall so a ways from diet.

Contest is in August, August 29. I am starting really early as I am not sure how my body will react to all the changes, ya know. I rather be safe then sorry.

gym1cat
03-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Contest is in August, August 29. I am starting really early as I am not sure how my body will react to all the changes, ya know. I rather be safe then sorry.

I think that is a wise approach especially for a first time. My first competition was last year and I did not leave enough time and had to diet and cardio so hard that I ended up losing muscle mass in the process

03-22-2009, 10:20 AM
I think that is a wise approach especially for a first time. My first competition was last year and I did not leave enough time and had to diet and cardio so hard that I ended up losing muscle mass in the process

Yes sir, my biggest fear is not having enough time to prep. I'd rather have to tough it out for a couple of weeks extra ya know? I dunno, I am really excited and at the same time, scared shitless about this...should make for a good time. Dontcha think! lol

kristeninsd
04-10-2009, 02:59 PM
So I am new here...Hi all. :) I just competed in my first figure show and I have been bitten by the bug now. I did alright, but I have so much to improve on. I guess what my question is, where do I start now. I would like to do the heart of dixie show on August 8th. The things I feel I need to work on the most are my shoulders, and my stomach. I have come so far, but I still cannot get that last bit of fat off of my belly. You know so that you can see all the hard work I put into my abs? :) It's very frustrating. My diet was pristine in training for this last show, so I just don't know what else I can do. Any suggestions? Also, I was a lot smaller than the other girls. I need to build muslce! Big muscles! :) any help is beyond greatly appreciated!

Erik
04-10-2009, 03:02 PM
So I am new here...Hi all. :) I just competed in my first figure show and I have been bitten by the bug now. I did alright, but I have so much to improve on. I guess what my question is, where do I start now. I would like to do the heart of dixie show on August 8th. The things I feel I need to work on the most are my shoulders, and my stomach. I have come so far, but I still cannot get that last bit of fat off of my belly. You know so that you can see all the hard work I put into my abs? :) It's very frustrating. My diet was pristine in training for this last show, so I just don't know what else I can do. Any suggestions? Also, I was a lot smaller than the other girls. I need to build muslce! Big muscles! :) any help is beyond greatly appreciated!

Hi and welcome.

This will probably get more attention in either the training, nutrition, or competitor's forum.

Perhaps cut and paste it over in one of those forums.

I'll respond over 'there'.

Inatic
04-10-2009, 03:02 PM

welcome! perhaps give us a look at what your diet and training are.

kristeninsd
04-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Thank you Erik. I will do that. I have journals of my workouts and eating. But they were all for contest prep. So, I don't really know where to start now.

kristeninsd
04-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Also, being new to this forum business...what should I do to get the most out of this site? I see alot of people have journals.