PDA

View Full Version : New to the board

Phoenix461
05-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi there. I'm new to the board and looking to get back on track and learning from you.

Inatic
05-04-2009, 08:40 PM
welcome!

Phoenix461
05-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Thanks Inatic!

welcome!

Gnat
05-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Welcome! You have come to the right place! Tell us a little about yourself :popcorn:

StephPeck
05-04-2009, 11:45 PM
:hi:

Jen
05-05-2009, 01:35 AM
Welcome!!!! :D

kirstny
05-05-2009, 10:29 AM
Welcome! You have come to the right place! Tell us a little about yourself :popcorn:

Yeah, that. :p

And welcome!

Phoenix461
05-05-2009, 02:24 PM
I'll try to put it in a nut shell. In my younger days, I was always at a healthy weight and was in good shape (5 feet tall - yes a petite one / 102-105 lbs). I was fine until about 6 years ago when some very traumatic events occurred (specifically the deaths of my Mom, my closest brother, my Dad and several other relatives). I was clearly eating to hide my sorrow and being the strong one who supported the entire family. The weight started to slowly manifest itself.

I recently got to the point where I decided I needed to get things back in order before I start having health problems. I need to take care of myself. My actual weight went up to 134 lbs. which is way to heavy for my height and trust me, it's not muscle ... it's fat. I have lost 4 lbs. over the past month by eating healthier foods so I am currently at 130 lbs.

I am however concerned that recently I seem to be quite lethargic to the point where I have no energy to get to the gym. I have a doctor's appointment to check out my thyroid function, etc. as I think at my age, perimenopause is also going to play a role in the fat loss.

My goal is to lose fat for total body recomposition in a healthy manner. After all, age is a number and if I have my health, I have 90% of what I need.

I'm very happy to have found this site as I am sure I will learn a lot.

I hope this is not TMI.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and the support!

kirstny
05-05-2009, 07:33 PM
I'll try to put it in a nut shell. In my younger days, I was always at a healthy weight and was in good shape (5 feet tall - yes a petite one / 102-105 lbs). I was fine until about 6 years ago when some very traumatic events occurred (specifically the deaths of my Mom, my closest brother, my Dad and several other relatives). I was clearly eating to hide my sorrow and being the strong one who supported the entire family. The weight started to slowly manifest itself.

I recently got to the point where I decided I needed to get things back in order before I start having health problems. I need to take care of myself. My actual weight went up to 134 lbs. which is way to heavy for my height and trust me, it's not muscle ... it's fat. I have lost 4 lbs. over the past month by eating healthier foods so I am currently at 130 lbs.

I am however concerned that recently I seem to be quite lethargic to the point where I have no energy to get to the gym. I have a doctor's appointment to check out my thyroid function, etc. as I think at my age, perimenopause is also going to play a role in the fat loss.

My goal is to lose fat for total body recomposition in a healthy manner. After all, age is a number and if I have my health, I have 90% of what I need.

I'm very happy to have found this site as I am sure I will learn a lot.

I hope this is not TMI.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and the support!

Not TMI at all! Thanks for sharing and letting us get to know you a bit!

I am so sorry to hear about your losses. That must be so difficult.
Good for you deciding to take care of your health.

And I'm 5' too!

Sandy
05-05-2009, 11:12 PM
:wave:

So sorry to hear about the challenges in your life.

Welcome to LB!

Gnat
05-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Thank you for sharing your story :hug: Those are terrible losses to go through. This is a wonderful place with very supportive and caring individuals who will help you stay on track and achieve your goals. Very happy you are here! :love: