PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Turbo Jam/videos in general?

FitMomof4
06-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Right now there is an infomercial on. The cardio looks kind of fun and looks like it would work the abs. I am strictly a running/free weights girl. I am always suspicious of these things I see on tv. Of course they have all these people on who are lean and have nice abs, making you think that if you buy this video set you will automatically look like them, LOL. Which is how they make their money.

Does anyone here ever do exercise videos? If so, what do you like? In my step-aerobics phase about 10 yrs ago I used to do Cathe Friedrich but I never liked anyone else's videos.

www.turbojam.com

I don't really like the idea of their "toning and tightening" video. It's probably lame with little pink weights. :lol:

Feather
06-03-2006, 01:26 PM
I saw that the other day, they look like fun videos. Maybe a bit fast and crazy though. I thought about buying them but debating on spending 70-80 bucks on something that I might hate.

Feather
06-03-2006, 01:27 PM
I just want their 11 flash cards to learn the moves, they can keep their videos and I'll design my own workout. :lol:

kattpl
06-03-2006, 01:30 PM
I order them and then sold them... They are a little too dancy for me.... They are fun, just not my type of workout.....I would rather do Cathe's Kick,Punch and Crunch....

Kath

Birdie
06-03-2006, 01:42 PM
When I first started Turbo Jam, I became addicted. I love to dance to cool 80's funk music and it filled that void. Since I have joined the gym, my videos have gotten little play.

pavermama
06-03-2006, 02:06 PM
I like a variety of stuff. I LOVE Cathe Friedrich. I also have Turbo Jam and do it occasionaly. I teach a kickboxing class and do some of the moves from Turbo Jam in my class about every three weeks. It does work your abs good and the nutritional diet guide is good. Low carbs for 10 days. It's not something you can stick with as far as the diet goes, but for 10 days it's a kickstart. I get bored easy as far as aerobics type of exercises go. When I bought Turbo Jam, I got it on sale for $30.00 U.S. If you don't follow a clean eating plan, like anything else, it won't work. I'm sure you know that :)

kat2002
06-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Love Cathe Friedrich..she has alot of great workouts now that aren't step. I'm actually not a very big fan of step choreography, I get turned around and confused. My favorite cardio of hers would be Kick Punch and Crunch. I also love her weight workouts though I think many here would say that they're too high rep/too many isolation exercises, but they're working great for me.

I haven't tried Turbo Jam, but I've heard alot of good things about it over on the Cathe.com forums. Basic consensus seems to be that the production quality isn't that great, but the workout itself is good enough that you can ignore it.

Blondell
06-03-2006, 06:00 PM
those standing crunches I don't quite get :blink:

gypsygirl64
06-03-2006, 08:29 PM
I love Cathe too!

However, I WAS using her strength/endurance workouts and having some decent results. I really started upping my weights, esp. legs and then I hurt my hip. Her rep speed is way too fast to do with heavy weight...

But, every cloud has a silver lining... My husband and I did some talking (during my month off) and figured out that we could make room for a squat rack and he found a pretty cheap one on-line so I can bench and squat with heavier weights. It will do until we move and get a bigger house and get more equipment.

I still do her step workouts for SS cardio and count her interval workouts as my "HIIT" workouts.

Because I am now creating my own programs (going heavy) and doing at my own rep "speed", I have REALLY started seeing some results in my upper body! I haven't started up heavy with legs yet (taking it slow- that hip shit sucked!) but soon!

:)

Laura

amyloo
06-04-2006, 09:23 PM
I loves me some Cathe too! Her videos are the only ones I would consider buying, although I'm sure there may be other good ones out there.

mark
06-04-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm placing a motion that there be no more threads about workout videos on this site. :ban:

Erik
06-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by mark@Jun 4 2006, 05:43 PM
I'm placing a motion that there be no more threads about workout videos on this site. :ban:
Aye!

BronzedGoddess
06-05-2006, 12:31 AM
Hey guys not all videos are trash. Cathe Friedrich is actually tough and I got great muscular development from her workouts. I own all her strength videos except for 1 group (slow and heavy) cause I sold them. Nothing pansy about Cathe http://www.cathe.com/images/Gym-Style---Back,363.jpg

To the OP I don't think I'd like turbojams. Too twerky for my taste. You should try www.powerstrike.com or KP&C

Erik
06-05-2006, 12:33 AM
I think videos are gheigh.

BronzedGoddess
06-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Thunder@Jun 4 2006, 07:33 PM
I think videos are gheigh.
You don't have to do them my dear.

Erik
06-05-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by BronzedGoddess@Jun 4 2006, 08:38 PM
You don't have to do them my dear.
I think I do ok without them thanks.

BronzedGoddess
06-05-2006, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Thunder@Jun 4 2006, 07:38 PM
I think I do ok without them thanks.
No doubt. No doubt.

mark
06-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by BronzedGoddess@Jun 4 2006, 05:31 PM
Hey guys not all videos are trash. Cathe Friedrich is actually tough and I got great muscular development from her workouts. I own all her strength videos except for 1 group (slow and heavy) cause I sold them. Nothing pansy about Cathe http://www.cathe.com/images/Gym-Style---Back,363.jpg

To the OP I don't think I'd like turbojams. Too twerky for my taste. You should try www.powerstrike.com or KP&C
This picture has convinced me, because we all know how awesome those concentration curls are for you.

Brandi
06-05-2006, 12:51 AM
If SHE can have veins, then I can have veins. Dammit.

That picture pisses me off.

BronzedGoddess
06-05-2006, 12:56 AM
Mark, Thunder anyone else..You don't have to do them. But hey, if doing videos works for some people why knock it? Anyways she owns a gym in Jersey and although she makes videos she work also works out conventionally. But she's gotten a lot of people off the couch and I know quite a few women with awesome physiques that workout at home.

BronzedGoddess
06-05-2006, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Brandi@Jun 4 2006, 07:51 PM

Aw don't get pissed off Brandi, you'll have veins soon enough :) But you'll be bigger with veins :train:

mark
06-05-2006, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by BronzedGoddess@Jun 4 2006, 05:56 PM
Mark, Thunder anyone else..You don't have to do them. But hey, if doing videos works for some people why knock it? Anyways she owns a gym in Jersey and although she makes videos she work also works out conventionally. But she's gotten a lot of people off the couch and I know quite a few women with awesome physiques that workout at home.
The point that I was really trying to make is that this is a board dedicated to heavy lifting and building muscle. Why are we discussing fru-fru exercise videos that we all know don't really get the job done in the long run? If it's a subject that is of extreme interest, there are plenty of boards out there, like Shape, that love that kind of stuff. And despite all attempts to hold it off, :o2: seems to be moving in that direction, too.

BronzedGoddess
06-05-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by mark@Jun 4 2006, 08:14 PM
The point that I was really trying to make is that this is a board dedicated to heavy lifting and building muscle. Why are we discussing fru-fru exercise videos that we all know don't really get the job done in the long run? If it's a subject that is of extreme interest, there are plenty of boards out there, like Shape, that love that kind of stuff. And despite all attempts to hold it off, :o2: seems to be moving in that direction, too.
You are right (about this being dedicated to heavy lifting) . I won't say another word about fru-fru exercise videos or spinning ;) (Back reading the journals...)

Erik
06-05-2006, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by mark@Jun 4 2006, 09:14 PM
And despite all attempts to hold it off, :o2: seems to be moving in that direction, too.
It was a valiant effort Mark. I salute you. :lol:

BronzedGoddess
06-05-2006, 01:33 AM
I'd hate to turn this place into :o2: that's not my intentions. www.videofitness.com has a forum full of info about exercise videos and we don't have to clog this board up with the questions. The ladies are really nice too.

FitMomof4
06-06-2006, 12:13 AM
My reason for asking about a fru-fru video on this forum, rather than on videofitness or shape or Cathe, was that I don't really give a crap what the posters on those boards think, since most of them are into fru-fru workouts and shitloads of cardio. But I would definitely make note of a video that was highly regarded by folks on this website. I am not into videos either. Like I said, I sprint and I lift. But I do hate to lock myself into any one way of doing something, so every once in a while I put out the feelers to make sure I'm not missing anything. Maybe there is a "lame" workout video I could use if I got the flu and wanted to work out anyway but couldn't bring myself to sprint. I didn't realize how sensitive you big strong guys are though. Jesus, don't get your panties all in a bunch guys! :laugh:

Erik
06-06-2006, 12:14 AM
I don't wear panties.

I think I'm going to make a video.

janey
06-06-2006, 01:19 AM
I bought Slim in 6 when I was going through a ghey period.

It's a hard video - I would use them for cardio only. Although, I usually just do cardio while I'm at the gym and get it over with then. :ban:

smuggie
06-06-2006, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Brandi@Jun 4 2006, 08:51 PM

Do my veins piss you off too? :unsure:

BronzedGoddess
06-06-2006, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by FitMomof4@Jun 5 2006, 07:13 PM
My reason for asking about a fru-fru video on this forum, rather than on videofitness or shape or Cathe, was that I don't really give a crap what the posters on those boards think, since most of them are into fru-fru workouts and shitloads of cardio. But I would definitely make note of a video that was highly regarded by folks on this website. I am not into videos either. Like I said, I sprint and I lift. But I do hate to lock myself into any one way of doing something, so every once in a while I put out the feelers to make sure I'm not missing anything. Maybe there is a "lame" workout video I could use if I got the flu and wanted to work out anyway but couldn't bring myself to sprint. I didn't realize how sensitive you big strong guys are though. Jesus, don't get your panties all in a bunch guys! :laugh:
No, they are not all cardio bunnies. Most of them hate cardio as much as the people on here do, but due to having young children, living in the country or just not liking gyms they workout at home.

Here's a good kickboxing video but it's only on VHS Power Strike 1 (http://www.homeworkout.com/products/PS001.php)
Powerstrike 2 (http://www.homeworkout.com/products/PS002.php)

mark
06-06-2006, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Thunder@Jun 5 2006, 05:14 PM
I don't wear panties.

I think I'm going to make a video.
A video of you in panties?

Erik
06-06-2006, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by mark+Jun 5 2006, 11:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mark @ Jun 5 2006, 11:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Thunder@Jun 5 2006, 05:14 PM
I don&#39;t wear panties.

I think I&#39;m going to make a video.
A video of you in panties? [/b][/quote]
:lol:

Don&#39;t start any rumours. :ban:

Mandy
06-06-2006, 02:27 PM
wow, I thought I&#39;d die before I ever saw a thread on workout videos over here. :lol: :blink:

what happened while I was working all weekend? :wave: