PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ottawa

nicole_t
10-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone, I'm Nicole in Ottawa, Ontario, originally from the Lower Mainland, B.C.

It is my goal to compete in a local figure competition in May/June 2010, before I go off to grad school in the fall (I'm in my second year off school, working for the gov't).

I've had a bodybuilding coach previous to Erik for a couple years now, but he's like me in that personal training is a side job and he doesn't actually have a degree in exercise science/kinesiology/nutrition, etc. He has done some amazing work prepping people for the stage, but our styles are a bit different...he can make it all the way to competition day without counting a single calorie!

I have learned this year that's not exactly how I work...we tried several different training styles and volumes, amped up my training, reduced my calories, until it all added up to overtraining and adrenal exhaustion. :mecry:

I took 2 months off hard training, ate a lot, gained some fat back, but more importantly gained my health (e.g., energy, sex drive, menstrual cycle) back.:hamster:

That brings me up to date with Erik -- I'm ready to lean out again and make it on stage in May/June 2010. My short-term goal is to lean out considerably by the end of January/early February for my first trip down South (Dominican or Mexico, haven't decided).

Bottom line is, if there are no room for errors in my plan, then I won't make any! That's why I think LBC & Erik will be good for me :)

ncfarris26
10-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Hi! :wave:

Inatic
10-02-2009, 05:53 PM
you have a great coach! :D

Welcome and best of luck

Erik
10-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Hey Nicole. :hi:

Cathie
10-02-2009, 06:56 PM