PDA

View Full Version : When training in a busy gym.....

jrb1980
05-03-2006, 03:23 AM
are you better to forgo your exercize pattern or your rest period?

My program calls for 4 exercises to be done in a row and repeated for 4 sets with 30 s rest between exercises. At my gym, anytime after 8am this is impossible...so, am I better to worry about the rest intervals, therby sometimes doing the exercizes out of order, or better to stick to the order and just wait for the person using the equipment to finish (more problematic when dealing with squat rack)

thanks

DeeLovely79
05-03-2006, 03:24 AM
What are the exercises? Depending on what you're doing you can keep everything near you and not have to leave the vicinty of the squat rack.

Erik
05-03-2006, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by jrb1980@May 2 2006, 11:23 PM
are you better to forgo your exercize pattern or your rest period?

My program calls for 4 exercises to be done in a row and repeated for 4 sets with 30 s rest between exercises. At my gym, anytime after 8am this is impossible...so, am I better to worry about the rest intervals, therby sometimes doing the exercizes out of order, or better to stick to the order and just wait for the person using the equipment to finish (more problematic when dealing with squat rack)

thanks
In your case, you'd want to maintain the rest intervals since your workout has a specific goal. However, you'd always want to ensure that you're alternating upper and lower body movements if you can control that.

So if normally you'd go

Maybe you'd go

in a busy gym

jrb1980
05-03-2006, 03:40 AM
Great - thanks

Gazelle
05-03-2006, 11:01 AM
Is this FBFL we're talking about? I have the same problem.

My metabolic days are planned around the least movement/equipment shifting as possible. I also get up a half hour earlier on those days so the gym will be less crowded. Yesterday I did have to ask to work in with a trainer and his client who were just sitting on the seated row machine. That inspired them to actually do a set, so I lost my RI waiting for them. :mad:

Erik
05-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Gazelle@May 3 2006, 07:01 AM
Is this FBFL we're talking about? I have the same problem.

My metabolic days are planned around the least movement/equipment shifting as possible. I also get up a half hour earlier on those days so the gym will be less crowded. Yesterday I did have to ask to work in with a trainer and his client who were just sitting on the seated row machine. That inspired them to actually do a set, so I lost my RI waiting for them. :mad:
No it isn't.

But I'd say the same thing for that. On those days, do what you can to keep your rest intervals as they're prescribed. If that means skipping an exercise and coming back to it, so be it.

Leah
05-03-2006, 03:02 PM
I have to do the same thing and when it's busy I just superset the two exercise and keep the same rest intervals.

Brandi
05-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Exactly. You improvise and work in with people. Yeah, it can be annoying to unrack and rerack your weights everytime, but ya gotta get it done right?