PDA

View Full Version : Full Body Routine Results

Carrie
06-05-2006, 08:33 PM
After lurking around for a couple of weeks and reading every sticky and most threads about full body routines...I have decided to give this approach a try and ditch my usual one body part per week training sessions :blink: . So my question to those of you who have made this switch is, did you immediately notice results?
I'm sure everybody is different and obviously there are many factors involved, I just want to get a rough idea of what everyone's experience has been.

Thanks!

Carrie :hi:

LUVPINK222
06-05-2006, 08:36 PM
I :love: it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Carrie
06-05-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the prompt response. Did you also switch from the each body part weekly training to full body or did you start training full body? I would assume results would be different for someone starting out training altogether than for someone who's been training for years under a different method.

dare
06-05-2006, 08:57 PM
I've been doing the FB routine for a few months now. Like you, I used to train one bodypart/day. I did that for years. I have to say it took me a while to get used to training my entire body & I'm still getting used to it , but I do like how I don't have to spend as much time or as many days in the gym.

LUVPINK222
06-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Jun 5 2006, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the prompt response. Did you also switch from the each body part weekly training to full body or did you start training full body? I would assume results would be different for someone starting out training altogether than for someone who's been training for years under a different method.
Yes, I had been doing the one body part a week thing. Well actually I was doing chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders/legs. Plus a TON of cardio! I've made more gains in the past month doing full body and alot less cardio then I had in years! I :love: it! Try it!

Hoochiemomma
06-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Yup - I have switched and I am on the second full week of the program. As far as results go, I won't be taking out the tape measure until I reach the 6 week mark. I have a few reasons for waiting the 6 weeks, most notably that some of the exercises I had never done, so I'm taking a bit of time to learn them, and with the different set/rep schemes it's taking a while to figure out where I should be with the weights.

My mini goal for June was to work on my legs - and some guy approached me in the grocery store the other day and asked my why my legs were so nice. So I guess something is going right, but I really can't say whether or not it was the change in my workouts, or the outfit I had on....

Either way, I like the full body split because I get to do some of my favorite exercises every day I workout, and my not-so-favorite ones I only have to do one set so I just get it over with. :chinup:

PowerManDL
06-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Upper/lower and full-body approaches give me the best results by far.

Birdie
06-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Ditto. The fat has come off and I feel great.

Erik
06-06-2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by PowerManDL@Jun 5 2006, 06:05 PM
x2

janey
06-06-2006, 01:22 AM
I switched from a body part split to upper/lower split and noticed results much, much quicker. It was also much less volume but yielded way better results.

Swiss
06-06-2006, 01:32 AM
I switched from the 1 part/week to upper/lower (each 2x/week). I've been doing upper/lower for about 2 1/2 months now and have seen some better results, especially in my shoulders. I plan to give full-body a try soon.

Carrie
06-06-2006, 01:50 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm so used to training body parts separately it will take some time to get used to FB, much more mentally than physically.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what results I get after 4 weeks. :flex: :flex:

janey
06-06-2006, 02:01 AM
Make sure to take pictures. Pictures sometimes tell a better story then the mirror. :)

fitness926
06-06-2006, 04:23 AM
I did upper/lower 4day split and loved it and saw the best results with it, but when school got really busy, it was hard for me to make it to the gym 4 days a week so I switched to the 3 FB days and I loved it!! It was different and challenged me. I did it for 2 months. Now that school is out, I'm back to the upper lower split. Do what works best for you. Any change for your old routine will be a great change for your body

I'd say try it. each day is different and challenging! Good Luck

strongchick
06-06-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL@Jun 5 2006, 06:05 PM
Same here. And I like training 4x/week.

MJTWO
06-06-2006, 02:49 PM
I've been doing FB for two+ weeks now and think it's great! Takes a little getting used to with different exercises, sets and reps each day but definitely worth it.
GO FOR IT!

Carrie
06-14-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm on my second week of the FB routine and I'm supposed to do day 2 this evening. However, I'm pretty sore from Monday, especially my quads. Being used to the mentality of working out body parts I never really trained sore muscles.
So should I just go through today's lower body exercises even though my quads are still quite sore from Monday's full squats?

rogmel
06-14-2006, 04:17 PM
I have been lifting for years with every split variation possible....I love the full-body best beacuse it makes me work each muscle group 3 times a week....and not skip or neglect workouts for certian areas....I was chronic about over lifting with my upper body and neglecting my lower.....now I dont...they get equal attention!

MJTWO
06-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Carrie@Jun 14 2006, 12:11 PM
I'm on my second week of the FB routine and I'm supposed to do day 2 this evening. However, I'm pretty sore from Monday, especially my quads. Being used to the mentality of working out body parts I never really trained sore muscles.
So should I just go through today's lower body exercises even though my quads are still quite sore from Monday's full squats?
I'd say for sure do the full 2nd workout. Think it's normal to feel sore with new routine...I like it!
I do find workout 2 to be toughest w/sets of 15. Don't think I'll ever get used to that. I HATE lunges after RDL (totally out of breath+serious sweating) but only 2 sets and rest is a breeze.
HAVE FUN!

Jody
06-14-2006, 07:53 PM
I too, used to do the whole bi's/back, tri's/chest, etc thing.....I am now in my second week of an upper/lower (2X week) Thunder program and loving it!!! It is so much more efficient than what I was doing before and way more fun!! I just had a baby 7 weeks ago, so I am curious how fast I'll see results.