PDA

View Full Version : Hi, another one from Kansas

thewickedtwo
06-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Hi Everyone!

My name is Ann and I am a new member here and a new client with Erik. I just started a whopping 2 days ago! Yay me!

About me - I was born and raised in Kansas. I enjoy music, books and games of all sorts when I'm not being a gym rat. I don't smoke. I'm not shy. I do drink on occasion (diet permitting). I don't live with my parents and I like long walks and stargazing.. oh, wait, wrong ad for that.

Ahem, let me try again. I've competed in 4 bodybuilding competitions with NANBF in Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma in the last 2 years. I hope to do that again (with the help of Erik).

I look forward to reading your posts and figuring out how to navigate these forums.

Party on.

Erik
06-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Hey Ann

Glad you decided to drop in.

Cathie
06-03-2010, 01:15 AM
Welcome Ann :wave:

When is your next show?

thewickedtwo
06-03-2010, 01:56 AM
Hi Cathie!

I'm not sure yet. I haven't picked one, but definitely have my work cut out of me in leaning out again.

Do you have one coming up?

Cathie
06-03-2010, 02:04 AM
No, nothing planning for me either. :lol: I'm still leaning out myself from a specialization this past winter.

You should start a journal. :nod:

Inatic
06-03-2010, 11:01 AM
You should start a journal.

:nod:

or have this one moved to be yours.

Welcome!

Blondell
06-03-2010, 11:51 AM
WELCOME!! :wave:

thewickedtwo
06-03-2010, 01:38 PM
What kind of specialization? is that what some would call 'off season'?

What do you put in a journal? And how to start one?

(I know, I'm FULL of questions. Forums are something very new to me.)

thewickedtwo
06-03-2010, 01:40 PM
And thank you for the warm welcomes!

Inatic
06-03-2010, 02:03 PM

you can ask erik to move this to journal section
OR
go to the journal section and start a new post.. That becomes your journal.. copy in your first page form this thread would be helpful, by either reponding pressing quote (on that post) then control c/control v on the page you want the info on.. (new journal page.

or just control c/control v.. on the page you want.

a journal is what ever you want it to be... either just :blah::blah: or some sort of training etc talk or a combo of both.. a place to put pictures of yourself. family or pets... etc.. kwim?

Cathie
06-03-2010, 02:14 PM
I did a shoulder and back specialization so I concentrated on building those two muscle groups. Yes, it's usually done in the off season.

Like Ileen said. Those of us working with Erik don't post ALL the details of our meals or workouts. :wink: Take a read through some of the journals and you'll get a idea. For example, I just posted pictures of my progress before my specialization vs after.

thewickedtwo
06-03-2010, 02:36 PM
I did a shoulder and back specialization so I concentrated on building those two muscle groups. Yes, it's usually done in the off season.

Like Ileen said. Those of us working with Erik don't post ALL the details of our meals or workouts. :wink: Take a read through some of the journals and you'll get a idea. For example, I just posted pictures of my progress before my specialization vs after.

Holy Snikies! You made HUGE progress! Way to go! You look fantastic!

glassmmam
06-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Welcome Ann! Can't wait to see your progress with Erik :)

Cathie
06-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Holy Snikies! You made HUGE progress! Way to go! You look fantastic!
Thank you Ann. :kiss:

You're in good hands with Erik. :wink:

char-dawg
06-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Man, all these Kansans! I thought it was supposed to be lonely out there.

Maybe that's just the wind, though...

thewickedtwo
06-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Man, all these Kansans! I thought it was supposed to be lonely out there.

Maybe that's just the wind, though...

Kansas isn't nearly as bad as you think... then again, it's not really all that great either I must admit.

I live in the 'big city' there aren't nearly as many tumbleweeds rolling on the wind here. :dry:

Superwombat
06-04-2010, 01:13 PM
:hi:

char-dawg
06-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Kansas isn't nearly as bad as you think... then again, it's not really all that great either I must admit.

I live in the 'big city' there aren't nearly as many tumbleweeds rolling on the wind here. :dry:
I was talking about the word "Kansas" itself. In the original Indian language, it means "lonely wind".

thewickedtwo
06-05-2010, 02:06 AM
I was talking about the word "Kansas" itself. In the original Indian language, it means "lonely wind".

it does? They never taught us that in school. Then again, they failed to mention much about Indians here. I apologize.

char-dawg
06-05-2010, 02:13 PM
No worries. Now you can tell your friends you learned something linguistic on a bodybuilding board. :)

thewickedtwo
06-05-2010, 02:59 PM
No worries. Now you can tell your friends you learned something linguistic on a bodybuilding board. :)

You can bet your sweet bippy I'm going to use this. Don't know where, but I am. And I'll be sure to credit you and the board for expanding my knowledge.

How did you know that it meant lonesome winds (out of curiousity)?

char-dawg
06-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Linguistics major. I've got all kinds of useless language trivia knocking around in my head.

Did you know that "polish" is the only word in English that changes pronunciation when you capitalize it?

Yeah, like that. I'm a riot at parties.

thewickedtwo
06-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Linguistics major. I've got all kinds of useless language trivia knocking around in my head.

Did you know that "polish" is the only word in English that changes pronunciation when you capitalize it?

Yeah, like that. I'm a riot at parties.

Actually, to me that is awesome. I love words. I'm an avid reader and like to expand my knowledge on them. I'm going to use this too.

char-dawg
06-06-2010, 11:49 PM
Well that's cool. You should get to know Smuggie as well - she likes 'em too.

Now excuse me, but I've gotta absquatulate.

itsmytime
06-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Ann, GREAT pics, i too drink on occasion, evidently on too many occasions. I am learning to take the alcohol out of socializing. Very tough for me. But I am working on it. Welcome. I've been with Erik for a month now and although I am seeing results, my lack of being able to be 100% have hindered them (obviously).

thewickedtwo
06-07-2010, 01:22 AM
Ann, GREAT pics, i too drink on occasion, evidently on too many occasions. I am learning to take the alcohol out of socializing. Very tough for me. But I am working on it. Welcome. I've been with Erik for a month now and although I am seeing results, my lack of being able to be 100% have hindered them (obviously).

Thanks! I rarely drink now, but on occasion I will. It used to bother me a little to not fit in when all the rest of my friends were drinking. When I explained to them my goals (competing) most were understanding and supportive. Now it's a non-issue and usually they will ask first 'are you competing?' if the answer is yes, they know I won't drink (and sometimes get wrangled into being the DD). I don't mind.

glassmmam
06-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Well that's cool. You should get to know Smuggie as well - she likes 'em too.

Now excuse me, but I've gotta absquatulate.

:clap: Love it!

Great job sticking to your guns on the partying ... seems like it's easier to do nowadays than years ago. When you're the DD - do you get to play photographer too ;)

thewickedtwo
06-07-2010, 02:45 AM
:clap: Love it!

Great job sticking to your guns on the partying ... seems like it's easier to do nowadays than years ago. When you're the DD - do you get to play photographer too ;)

I tried being the photographer ONCE... I won't do that again. talk about threats on your life and then some. Gheesh. Drunks have no sense of humor sober.

kaydee
06-11-2010, 01:28 AM
Hi!