PDA

View Full Version : New member from AZ

KcaliAZ
06-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Hi everyone!

I've enjoyed reading through all the past posts, and hope to be involved in the future ones. I just signed up with Erik and will be starting officially on Monday, July 12th (vacation all next week...not the best time to start a diet).

I competed in figure 3 times last year, but didn't have a lot of information at the time and allowed myself to be trained by someone in a way that led to metabolic damage. I was doing the whole 2 hours of cardio 7 days a week, plus weight training, plus 1100 calories per day. Yeah, brilliant, heh? I did well in my competitions, but at what price?

I have spent the last 10 months getting my head screwed on straight and researching, reading and just letting my body heal. After a 25 pound rebound, my body weight has finally stabilized while at maintenance calories. So, I am now ready to have a Coach, someone who will help guide me in a healthy way this time. I'd like to get this extra weight off, but have no desire to compete again.

I think, for me, the journey this time will include lots of mental rehab. I have "issues" that stem from being the "fat kid" growing up, from prepping the wrong way, to gaining the weight back, etc. So, as I lose the weight this time around, I will be also working to clear the mental crap and end up a happier, healthier person.

I look forward to "meeting" you all!

Inatic
06-29-2010, 08:14 PM
welcome!

Im glad you will be going forward with Erik's guidance. I cant imagine ever training the way some of ya'll have..:mecry:

thewickedtwo
06-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Welcome!

:wave:

I'm having the same issue you are. More rebound weight, but the same over training.

KcaliAZ
06-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Yep, I definately learned how disciplined I can be. Now I will turn that discipline towards a healthy endeavor. When I have a goal, I go after it...just that its a smarter goal this time, with a Coach that will make sure I retain common sense & not beat myself into the ground.

Sorry to hear that you too went through a tough rebound. Wish more people would talk about it so ladies would be informed BEFORE they go down that road.

pavermama
06-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Welcome aboard and you're definately in good hands!!

Dawn64
06-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Welcome, look forward to getting to know you.:happy05:

Cathie
06-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Welcome :hi:

Holz
07-01-2010, 01:08 AM
Welcome.

I'm going through the same thing. Look forward to getting to know you.
;)

Cat
07-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Welcome! :thumb:

FlyingSquirrel
07-29-2010, 04:48 AM
Hello! I am new too....and I am in Arizona. I start working with Erik after vacation around August 10th. I thought about starting while I was on vacation, but I want to completely focus on the training and diet once I am done with vacation even though I plan to workout and eat healthy the next 2 weeks.:cardio: