PDA

View Full Version : Whaddup from North Cackalacka!

Epolis13
10-13-2010, 01:13 AM
Hi Everyone!

I'm new here, so I figured I'd say hello. I've been competing for less than a year (although I have been playing sports since I was 3 and lifting since I was in college), and have had about 3 trainers within the last 12 month. I'm very excited to be with Erik and to start making some big physique changes in my 1st ever off season! At my 1st show, which was a local show in April 2010, I placed 1st in my figure class. My 1st and only national show this year was Jr. USAs in August 2010. I was really disappointed with the turnout - I was expecting waaaaaaaaay more chicas to show up and they didn't. I placed 5th, but had there been more girls, I probably would not have, so I don't think I really deserved it. I'm the type who likes to compete against the best of the best and I don't like to get lucky and win because no one showed up to play. So...........next year I expect better from myself, and I'm going to work my ASS off this year to get there. I need more mass in my shoulders and back, and I need to get my glutes back. I played soccer for 18 years, so good legs/glutes are under there, I just gotta bring them out.

This year has really been a year of self-discovery for me. For my 1st show, I trained w/a local trainer here in NC who trains with a method similar to Erik. I was lean, tight, sexy, and I dominated my figure class. There was no QUESTION that I should have won. I was healthy, happy, eating carbs, and doing no cardio, and I COASTED into my state show. I switched trainers after my state show - my trainer told me I was her 1st figure client and she didn't feel comfortable prepping me for a national show, which I totally respect. So I searched and asked around and ended up going with a trainer who utilized the steady state cardio, no carbs, no calories, fat burners/diuretics method of fat and water loss. It was such a hard prep for me - I was tired 24/7, constantly dizzy and lightheaded (I fell down a few times at work, actually), and all around miserable. I even contemplated not competing again - THAT'S how tough that prep was on me. By the end I was doing 90 mins of cardio a day and eating about 800-900 cals, and only about 50g of carbs/day. Yeah................you do the math. No es bueno.

It was VERY easy for me to make the decision to switch BACK to what I know and to what my body responds to the best. I've already dropped 5lbs in the 1st week and look and feel tighter. It's great to be back with a trainer with some common sense :)

I'm really happy to be here and I'll start a training journal at some point!

:wave:

Beth

Erik
10-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the background info.

Hey Beth. :wink:

glassmmam
10-13-2010, 01:29 AM
Welcome to the boards! :wave:

Cathie
10-13-2010, 03:12 AM
Hi Beth :hi:

Welcome :D

Inatic
10-13-2010, 09:42 AM
welcome!!!! :bunny:

ncfarris26
10-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi Beth! :wave:

Welcome to LBF!

Epolis13
10-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Hi Beth! :wave:

Welcome to LBF!

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!! Really excited to be here and to be working with Erik.

nessy
10-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Hi Beth :wave:
Your prep sounds awful & its a good thing your here now! I just joined here too & really excited to start working w/ erik also...btw I love your pic!

Epolis13
10-13-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm not kidding when I tell you that it made me never want to compete again. I kept saying to myself during that prep, "It shouldn't be this hard..............it shouldn't be this hard." And it should NEVER have been that hard. I truly think there are some people who like the whole steady state thing - people who don't want to put in maximal effort probably don't mind feeling like a hamster on a wheel. I, however, am very different. Perhaps it's my athletic backgroud - I'm USED to pushing myself and training like an absolute animal, and I thrive off of that type of workout. When I have to keep my HR under 130/140 and don't really sweat, I don't feel like I'm doing anything. The mental, in this "sport" is much more important than the physical, IMO. The mental controls the physical. A very important lesson that I had to learn for myself.

Firm Hottie
10-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Hi Beth, and http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/Laura12345/Smilies/welcome.gif!

Wow, how sad is it that you had a great trainer to start with, but wound up with a total loser after she said that she didn't think she was good enough for you. :sad: I hope you contacted her after working with the other guy to tell her that she was a waaaaaay better trainer than she thought she was!

I'm so glad that you found your way to Erik - sounds like a match made in heaven. :thumb:

Epolis13
10-13-2010, 04:43 PM
Hi Beth, and http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/Laura12345/Smilies/welcome.gif!

Wow, how sad is it that you had a great trainer to start with, but wound up with a total loser after she said that she didn't think she was good enough for you. :sad: I hope you contacted her after working with the other guy to tell her that she was a waaaaaay better trainer than she thought she was!

I'm so glad that you found your way to Erik - sounds like a match made in heaven. :thumb:

She's actually a very good friend of mine, so......yeah she definitely knows that she was the bomb!! She and I spoke during my prep with the other trainer, and it was hard for her to watch me have such a difficult prep. She knows my body very well, so she knew how I should be prepping, how I should look, and how I should respond. I told her to never second-guess herself ever again!

glassmmam
10-13-2010, 05:12 PM
Awe You're a great friend for her ;)

I cannot read the name of your journal w/out :funny: (thanks!)

Epolis13
10-14-2010, 03:08 AM
I live to entertain :)