PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from the "Artic Tundra" otherwise known as Minnesota

JacquieW
10-19-2010, 05:37 PM
Hi Everyone! I just signed up with Erik and will hopefully be starting within a week or so. I'm patiently waiting for my program to come from him and the hours seem like days. (tick tock, tick tock)

A little about me, I retired from the US Air Force in Dec 07 with 20 yrs active duty service, loved every minute of it and miss it every day. I was extremely active and a fierce competitor in triathlons. Since retirement, we've moved back to my home state of Minnesota. I know, I know...what was I thinking? MN is not exactly a state known for its great triathlons but I love it here.

Anywho, since retirement I've lost all brain cells that kept me active. I have now gained 30lbs and an unbelievable amount of FAT! Grrrrr....FAT! The number on the scale doesn't matter to me, it's the way I look and feel that disgusts me. I've tried numerous times to get on the nutrition/work out "bandwagon" since and have had some small achievements but fell off the wagon again (and again). After reading Erik's blogs on LBC and viewing some of the threads on this forum, I finally realized enough was enough. I want my life back and I think I've taken a great step in the RIGHT direction with signing up with Erik! Woot wooot!

Thanks for all the great information posted on this forum. There are SO many inspiring people and I have to admit that Denise Kossan, a fellow Minnesotian, is currently one of my favs.

I'm attaching my Before pic (before the FAT) and my After pic (after losing all sanity). I'm attaching these as a reminder to myself as to what can happen when you get lazyyyy. Shame! Hopefully after 12 wks with Erik, my After my pic will come close to my before pic.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g432/chickload/DSCN11872.jpg

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g432/chickload/Jacquie_Before_Front.jpg

IlPirata
10-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Welcome to LBF... I think you'll like it here. And DON'T WORRY! Erik is the man to get you back into fighting shape. Jeez that before picture is just nuts. MUCH HOTNESS.

Erik
10-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Hey! :wave:

Glad you decided to join us!

glassmmam
10-19-2010, 05:53 PM
Welcome aboard!!!

Really annoying when life gets in the way and we get off track :crying:

Erik will have you back on track in no time. I'm ever so thankful for all he's done for me this summer :hug:

Inatic
10-19-2010, 06:24 PM
welcome!!!!

cant wait for you to get started.

ncfarris26
10-19-2010, 07:13 PM
I would DIE in Minnesota! :lol:

Welcome to LBF! :wave:

JacquieW
10-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the greetings! I also want to apologize for the ginormous pics, I didn't realize they would come out that HUGE. I guess I need some schoolin' in posted pics also.

(tick, tock, tick, tock)

Rashida
10-19-2010, 07:31 PM
:wave:

Seaborn
10-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey, hi!!:wave:

kirstny
10-19-2010, 08:59 PM
Yay, another Minnesotan!
Welcome!
:wave:

JacquieW
10-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Holy cow! I've been reading thru alot of the threads throughout the day and my head is spinning. So much information. I hope it will all become more clear once I get my plan from Erik. In the meantime, I think I'll go take a Tylenol. Oooftda.

Thanks again for the greetings! There are so many inspirational people on the site!

pavermama
10-21-2010, 05:49 PM
Welcome aboard!!

Denise
10-24-2010, 02:10 AM
Holy cow! I've been reading thru alot of the threads throughout the day and my head is spinning. So much information. I hope it will all become more clear once I get my plan from Erik. In the meantime, I think I'll go take a Tylenol. Oooftda.

Thanks again for the greetings! There are so many inspirational people on the site!

Thanks for all the great information posted on this forum. There are SO many inspiring people and I have to admit that Denise Kossan, a fellow Minnesotian, is currently one of my favs.

Oh My, I'm so thankful I have inspired you! Can't wait to see your progress. Where in Mn are you? I'm about a hour north of Mpls.
Just so you know, my head still spins when I read information on here. Don't be concerned over any of it, just concentrate on what your plan will be. I learn much better when people show me things rather than tell me. I want to understand the how's and why's of things but it can get very confusing.

JacquieW
10-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Thanks Denise! I'm really looking forward to getting started! You had AMAZING progress in your 12 wks with Erik! I can only hope to achieve half of your results. The smile on your face in your after pics was what FINALLY encouraged me to contact Erik. I will hopefully start this week and in the meantime I've been writing down goals that I'd like to achieve, both short and long term. Yes, there seems to be a few of us from Minnesota on the site. I live a little over an hour north of Duluth, up on the Iron Range. (Brrrrrrr!) Although, the weather has been absolutely beautiful this year! We've had a great summer and the fall weather has been gorgeous, with a touch of indian summer. I'm hoping for a "gentle" winter!

Thanks again for welcoming me and for the motivation to get my health back on track!

Denise
10-25-2010, 01:23 AM
Thanks Denise! I'm really looking forward to getting started! You had AMAZING progress in your 12 wks with Erik! I can only hope to achieve half of your results. The smile on your face in your after pics was what FINALLY encouraged me to contact Erik. I will hopefully start this week and in the meantime I've been writing down goals that I'd like to achieve, both short and long term. Yes, there seems to be a few of us from Minnesota on the site. I live a little over an hour north of Duluth, up on the Iron Range. (Brrrrrrr!) Although, the weather has been absolutely beautiful this year! We've had a great summer and the fall weather has been gorgeous, with a touch of indian summer. I'm hoping for a "gentle" winter!

Thanks again for welcoming me and for the motivation to get my health back on track!

I love that part of the state. It is so beautiful. We spent the night in Silver Bay this summer, did a ton of hiking, cliff jumping, sea glass searching on Lake Superior. It was a blast. I love MN. Winter can get long, but I wouldn't want to go without the four seasons for anything. We're almost 1 1/2 hours south of Duluth. It has been a gorgeous fall :)

Inatic
10-26-2010, 02:02 AM
hubby got an unbelievable job offer recently to move to Mn.. and i made him turn it down. Im a southern girl

Rhonda
10-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Welcome! You are in great hands with Erik. I just started with him 3 weeks ago and have seen great progress already. Funny you talk about Denise because it was her transformation that got me here also. Isn't she awesome. This site is full of wonderful people who are full of knowledge so take it all in. Lots of wonderful recipes as well.

I live in Canada on the Minnesota border so we are probably only a couple of hours from each other. Good luck with your program.

Denise
10-26-2010, 09:04 PM
hubby got an unbelievable job offer recently to move to Mn.. and i made him turn it down. Im a southern girl

Maybe you have to be born in MN to love MN!

Inatic
10-26-2010, 09:27 PM
i HATE!!!!!!!!!!! The cold and we have 40plus family members where we are...

money doesnt buy happiness.. to me, family is more important.

Had hubby thinking....

kirstny
10-26-2010, 11:07 PM

I think so! Lol.

Crazy wind today!

Rhonda
10-27-2010, 02:37 AM
I think Minnesota is a beautiful state and I don't mind the cold weather either.

JacquieW
10-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Welcome! You are in great hands with Erik. I just started with him 3 weeks ago and have seen great progress already. Funny you talk about Denise because it was her transformation that got me here also. Isn't she awesome. This site is full of wonderful people who are full of knowledge so take it all in. Lots of wonderful recipes as well.

I live in Canada on the Minnesota border so we are probably only a couple of hours from each other. Good luck with your program.

Thanks for the greetings my northern neighbor! I'm really looking forward to getting started w/ Erik! Congrats on your accomplishments! I hope you will share your progress w/ us! I always love inspiring, motivating stories and people!

i HATE!!!!!!!!!!! The cold and we have 40plus family members where we are...

money doesnt buy happiness.. to me, family is more important.

Had hubby thinking....

I can understand. Minnesota is a beautiful but it may not be the right place for some. With 20 yrs in the USAF and moving/traveling all the time I've become accustom to many different weather environments. I love that we have all four seasons but I do love the "dirty south" too. :) When I retired I gave the family the choice of where they wanted to "set-up shop". They chose Minnesota for the exact reason you stated....family.

I think so! Lol.

Crazy wind today!

Lovin' that snow is on the way! Not lovin': 1) salt on my truck 2) sand tracked into the house 3) slushy roads and sidewalks BUT the pros far outway the cons.

Cathie
11-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Welcome :hi:

JacquieW
11-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Welcome :hi:

:wave: Thanks Cathie! Hope you have a great wkend! Great abs!