PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Singapore (and sometimes Manila)!

Sharon
11-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Hi everyone,

My name's Sharon, and I'm a figure athlete from the Southeast Asian island-nation of Singapore. I'm currently shuttling between Singapore and the Philippines. (My husband has just been posted to Manila for work.)

I competed at the NPC Border States Classic in San Diego in late October, and since then, in the absence of the structure of contest prep, I've been in freefall with my nutrition and training, and have been eating with wild abandon. Consequently, I'm feeling both unfit and very "fluffy". (Read "fat".) Ugh. Another case of, "choose the behavior, choose the consequences" eh? :)

I'm happy to say that I finally got myself out of that tailspin when I recently received my first program from Erik, which I will embark on in a couple of days. I'm excited to be here, and to be starting with Erik and LBC. I aim to make a trip out to the States in 2011 to compete Figure (haven't decided which show though), and am giving some thought to competing in WPD the year after as well.

I hope to start a journal here as well, so I'm afraid I'll be boring you with the mundane details of life in Singapore in Manila for a while yet!

All best,
Sharon

Inatic
11-17-2010, 10:26 AM
welcome! :D

Enjoy working with LBC>.. I think we'll find life in Singapore quite interesting and different.. Please share..

ncfarris26
11-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi Sharon! :wave:

glassmmam
11-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Welcome!!! :wave:

IlPirata
11-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Hey girl, Welcome to LBF!

UBER HOT AVI You'be got there.

I'm with Ileen.... Singapore sounds interesting so do your worst to bore us LOL

JacquieW
11-17-2010, 07:37 PM
:wave: Welcome! I've been to Sing and Manila and can't wait to hear some stories!

Erik
11-17-2010, 10:05 PM
Hey, hey, glad you stopped in. :hi:

mackie
11-17-2010, 10:33 PM
I'll be boring you with the mundane details of life in Singapore in Manila

Oh boy! :popcorn:

kimberlee
11-18-2010, 12:13 AM
Hi Sharon! Welcome!

I lived in Singapore for a bit and worked at biopolis - I LOVED the food and never got the hang of Singlish and miss buying beautiful orchids every weekend for my apartment and moved down under just as I finally adjusted to the humidity...

Looking forward to hearing more about your journey!

Sharon
11-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome, I'm feeling like I've found a new home already!

Gosh, really grateful to everyone for their interest in life in Asia - I'll try to make it sound exotic, but my journal will probably revolve around going to the gym and eating oatmeal, LOL.

UBER HOT AVI You'be got there.

Aww thank you! All credit to the photographer who made me look better than I really do. (Shameless plug on my part :) Photo was by Ian Sitren, www.secondfocus.com)

I lived in Singapore for a bit and worked at biopolis - I LOVED the food and never got the hang of Singlish and miss buying beautiful orchids every weekend for my apartment and moved down under just as I finally adjusted to the humidity...

Glad you enjoyed Singapore! Aiyo, I haven't got a hang of Singlish either, and I'm Singaporean, lah. ;)