PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning ...

Tar Heel
01-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Newbie checking in from Chapel Hill, N.C. I found LBC and Erik through an interview he did with Craig Ballentyne of Turbulence Training, was intrigued and followed through. So here I am, just starting.

I am 53, in excellent overall health ... not fat but certainly not lean. I have worked out and "watched my diet" for a decade but have remained pretty much in a range. In the fall of 2010, decided I wanted to break out of the plateau and worked with a personal trainer. That was helpful but I didn't get the diet/nutrition structure and expertise I was looking for.

A couple of things have held me back.

* Too much cardio and not pushing myself hard enough on strength training.

* Too much cheating on whatever diet regimen I have been following. I know how to eat well and in fact enjoy it, but I would find myself grazing and never realizing how much all the miscellaneous calories were costing me.

I think the structure and direction from Erik's program will do wonders. I look forward to the process and the journey.

Lee

Inatic
01-05-2011, 12:43 PM
welcome to Team LBC !!!!

(first in :D )

Good luck with your goals

ncfarris26
01-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Hi Lee. :wave: Welcome!

Rashida
01-05-2011, 03:42 PM
:hamster: Third in....

Belle
01-05-2011, 04:01 PM
Welcome!! :wave:

Best of luck on your goals!

mcv
01-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Hi!!!

HUUUUUUGE Tar Heel fan over here!!! I still daydream about the days of Ed Cota and Dante Calabria. :lol:

glassmmam
01-05-2011, 05:11 PM
Welcome to LBF Land!!!

pavermama
01-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Hello and Welcome!!! :wave:

Cathie
01-06-2011, 12:57 AM
Hiya Lee :hi:

Welcome to LBF!

Tar Heel
01-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks everyone, so far so good. Love the structure of Erik's program. Of course, it's easy in the beginning. I am re-reading passages each day from the blog: It's not easy ... It's not free ... What if you decide to welcome the hunger? ... Choose to enjoy the process ... Want great results? Stick to your diet, consistently ... Everything counts: big cheats, little cheats, nibbles, it all adds up ... Fast loss is simple once you realize how hard it is.

gym1cat
01-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Welcome Lee! I am sure u will reach ur goals. :). Al

Shelli
01-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Haha...I am starting day 6 right now - I have been so hungry all week but I can already see things happening so it makes that feeling all worth while. I guess for me it is all about wrapping my brain around not having that "full" feeling when done eating.

ncfarris26
01-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks everyone, so far so good. Love the structure of Erik's program. Of course, it's easy in the beginning. I am re-reading passages each day from the blog: It's not easy ... It's not free ... What if you decide to welcome the hunger? ... Choose to enjoy the process ... Want great results? Stick to your diet, consistently ... Everything counts: big cheats, little cheats, nibbles, it all adds up ... Fast loss is simple once you realize how hard it is.

This is my favorite. :D