PDA

View Full Version : Aloha! New from Maryland

daleebd
03-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Hi!

My name is Lee and I recently signed up with Erik. I'm from Hawaii (born and raised) but have been in Maryland for the past 20 years. I'll be 45 later this month.

I moved here for grad school, met a guy, and have been here ever since! I have PCOS so we did IVF three times - we got g/b twins on our third try who are turning 9 tomorrow. I started working out and eating better to achieve better health and fitness (partly inspired by the loss of my mother right before we got pg), lost 30lbs, then my husband did not go to the gym one morning... our third child resulted and is now 5 (a boy). LOL!

So I started again - 3 days a week in the gym which turned into 5, a plateau, a trainer, a loss, and another plateau. Someone recommended Oxygen Mag which is how I found out about figure competitions. The women were spectacular. I was already committed to my workouts and eating well - the goal of a competition would give me something to work for. I've been to a few shows (OCB), worked one, and met people who are semi-local in the industry. I've even taken a couple posing classes. I was also directed to this site, joined, but just lurked occasionally.

I've been stuck and frustrated and not improving (well, my strength has improved but I look in the mirror and see little changing). I was seeing what others were doing (double cardio, tilapia and green beans out of a baggie - double yuck!) and thought wow, maybe this is beyond me.

Then I was reading Jen-Fit's page on FB, saw LBC referenced, and started reading what Erik wrote. His "other way" was intriguing... and I read that a figure coach could make the difference.

I'm tired of struggling and feeling like I don't know what I should be doing after I thought I knew what I was doing. I discussed this with my incredibly supportive husband who said Go For It! So here I am, and hoping this will help get me on track toward my goals.

While I'm waiting to complete the next steps to get my plan, I wanted to post, say Hi, admit that I'm excited and nervous, and that I've been reading a lot here inbetween taking care of my family and working on my writing (I'm a SAHM and a former history teacher,).

Nice to meet you!

Lee

Cheri
03-22-2011, 08:14 PM
HI Lee,

I also tend to be a lurker :). I am trying to break out of my lurker shell and learn more about fitness and better health. I also found LBF from Jen-Fit, such a wonderful place. Good luck with your plan.

daleebd
03-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Hi Cheri - thanks! Jenny sure is inspiring. I'm just ready to take it to the next level. Delurking is a good first step to questioning and learning. Good luck with your journey too!

Amy
03-23-2011, 01:25 AM
Welcome!!

I am from Hawaii too!! Moved there in Elementary and stayed all the way through college. What island? I'm from the Big Island.

:clap: to signing up with Erik. You will love it. :nod:

daleebd
03-24-2011, 02:27 AM
Thanks, Amy - Hi!

I was born and raised on Oahu - went to Punahou K-12 but was 5 years behind Obama LOL! How cool that you are from Hawaii too - I feel suddenly more at home. I took Jon to the Big Island for our honeymoon (and Maui, but we had to do Kilauea - she's erupting like crazy nowadays). Do you get home often? Last time I was there (for two weeks) I had exactly ONE malasada - I can do anything!

I went to USC for college, went back home for a couple years, then came up here (DC area) for grad school (GWU and Hopkins). We take pretty much all our vacations back home (Manoa) so I can see my family.

Thank you too for the encouragement - I've read so many positive comments about working with Erik and that his "other way" is far more reasonable and responsible in certain ways that I felt if I was going to pick a figure coach, he sounded like the right one.

I'll probably get my plan just in time for us to fly off to CA for a big family celebration - ack!

Lee

Amy
03-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Punahou!! I had an ex that went there. :lol:

I sent you a PM :wink:

pavermama
03-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Hi Lee and Welcome!! :wave:

daleebd
03-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Punahou is a big school - we even have a President now who went there LOL! But your guy went to a great school too (thanks for the PM - I replied!). I had to move 5000 miles to meet my guy, but it was worth it (and he loves Hawaii).

Hi pavermama - thank you! Cute dog in your avatar :-)

Lee (who managed a workout today despite avoiding the film crew in the weight room LOL)