PDA

View Full Version : Back again!

Espi
04-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Hello girlz & boys!

Back again after a long hiatus.. thought to check out this forum again , so saying :wave: to everyone!
Been missing for a couple of years when trying out something else, like Olympic lifting. Turns out this is really like 'gymnastics with a barbell' as Rippetoe once put it, so.. finally gave up on it .. turned back to a normal gym (full of guys training their 'mirror muscles') and.. find myself slightly bored with regular lifts and also a lot weaker than before on these lifts as I was practicing so much to improve on form/technique that pure strength simply went 'down the drain'.

Same for dietary compliance actually.. somehow, the fanatism I used to have re sticking to a plan I drew and staying as close to it as possible, is lost.. partially because I'm busy with work and also because it simply seems futile in the view of the goodies I get.. but... with approaching menopause it's disgusting to see the body growing fatter and fatter, while it used to look so much better just 2 years ago!

So, I've GOT to get my stuff back together and I remember you girls & guys a s a bunch of fanatics when it comes to dietary compliance (the thread I had on another forum simply died along with all the members deserting elsewhere , among others to this forum ;) ) so here I am..

Inatic
04-08-2011, 11:43 AM
good to see you back Yvana!

maybe you need a differnent approach that what worked for yrs back.

Erik
04-08-2011, 12:55 PM
:hi:

glassmmam
04-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Ola Yvana!

ncfarris26
04-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Welcome back. :wave:

smuggie
04-09-2011, 01:01 AM
:wave:

Blondell
04-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Welcome back. Espi!

Espi
04-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Thanks everyone to check in on me!

Ileen, yep, I need to figure out something that makes me happy both in the gym (training) as well as when looking in the mirror.
Training-wise I could always dig up an old routine (my fave is full body with rotating emphasis), fill it in with some new exercises.
Diet-wise it is going to be hard to get away from the what I call 'fukitol' days when you just can't truly believe to ever really look good nekkid.. besides (got married in the meantime) my hubbie thinks I'm always hot.. he likes muscular women and doesn't want me to get too skinny .. nor sick when eating too little!

Somehow I have the idea that people would be friendlier here when I post progress pix? Or send them to some peepz privately that can judge progress better than I ever can? For starters.. do measurements like Marci, Julia and everyone else here seems to be doing on a biweekly basis!

glassmmam
04-09-2011, 04:06 PM
That's true Yvana ... We are each on our own journey ... so our progress is our very own :)

shawb4
04-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Welcome back here dude,..
Glad to see you here again,...