PDA

View Full Version : New from NC

fitmamaof4
04-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Hello to all,

I am excited to be part of group who is dedicated and takes fitness seriously!
I am a mother of 4 and have been working out for years but have learned to perfect and balance life with reading and determination. I still have so much that I need to learn especially with my new gluten free diet. I have known that I am intolerant to gluten but in denial. I have been having a hard time keeping my clean eat diet and I know it has to do with the gluten. So this weekend I had a heart to heart with myself and came to the conclusion that I have to put myself first and make this change for good. Today I woke up swallen and clamy and I am making a change.

Started with making a verbal promise to myself that I was going to follow a gluten free diet. Then I had some hot water with lemon and made my spinach shake and off to work. Took my cooler and made sure there was no gluten which was difficult after I meal planned wraps for lunch but deleted the wrap and just ate the meat and veggies. I have done lots of research on gluten free today and surprisingly it is not all that bad with me eating clean most of the time for the past 4 years.

So I decided to join this group and get some help and motivation in my new transition.

Hope to make some good solid friends that share my passion! :wave:

Jessie

kirstny
04-12-2011, 12:41 AM
Hello to all,

I am excited to be part of group who is dedicated and takes fitness seriously!
I am a mother of 4 and have been working out for years but have learned to perfect and balance life with reading and determination. I still have so much that I need to learn especially with my new gluten free diet. I have known that I am intolerant to gluten but in denial. I have been having a hard time keeping my clean eat diet and I know it has to do with the gluten. So this weekend I had a heart to heart with myself and came to the conclusion that I have to put myself first and make this change for good. Today I woke up swallen and clamy and I am making a change.

Started with making a verbal promise to myself that I was going to follow a gluten free diet. Then I had some hot water with lemon and made my spinach shake and off to work. Took my cooler and made sure there was no gluten which was difficult after I meal planned wraps for lunch but deleted the wrap and just ate the meat and veggies. I have done lots of research on gluten free today and surprisingly it is not all that bad with me eating clean most of the time for the past 4 years.

So I decided to join this group and get some help and motivation in my new transition.

Hope to make some good solid friends that share my passion! :wave:

Jessie

:wave: Welcome!

I've been eating gluten free since July. I was diagnosed with celiac in Jan. I find it actually forces me to eat much healthier and it's really not that hard to follow.

There are TONS of good blogs and FB pages. Living Without is a good magazine too.

bammer40
04-12-2011, 03:59 AM
Welcome!!

Inatic
04-12-2011, 10:55 AM
welcome!

I for the most part avoid gluten but dont eat totally gluten free.

pavermama
04-19-2011, 08:42 PM
Hello and welcome!!