PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself (possible biography)

MizzIronT
05-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Hello! I've been talking with Erik, reading a lot of his articles and following everyone on the FB page.

I used to weigh 250 lbs. I trained hard and dieted equally as hard for over 3 years in hopes to compete in figure. I won't lie, I also wanted to stick it to the naysayers. In 2009 my diet got as strict as possible with only 1400 calories, on top of estrogen blockers, fat burners and 2 hours of cardio and 2 hours of strength training a day. It became harder and harder for me to lose weight. I was eventually accused of not doing what I was told to. Frustrating when you're literally killing yourself.

I went on to compete in September 2009 for the experience - I was still "fat" at 152 lbs. After that I hired another coach who went on to lower my calories to 1200. I thought I struck gold because he didn't believe in the estrogen blockers, fat burners or the hours of cardio. In the end, he also managed to accuse me of cheating on my diet after the weight wouldn't budge. Needless to say I had another competition that I entered and still wasn't close to "competing" in. I had dropped to 147 lbs by the time of competition. Better than the previous year, but yeah... You can see the theme right?

Since then the Dr. has diagnosed me with having adrenal burnout and a form of hypothyroidism called Wilson's Temperature Syndrome. Supposedly it's 95% reversible. I'm in the middle of treatments now.

So as you can see, I'm not new to dieting or training but it appears I'm new to the RIGHT way to diet and train. I'm hoping to dispel a few of those handed down "rules" from one bodybuilder to another and learn the healthy way to get this job done. Although at this time my goal is not dieting or losing fat, it's recovering. I've gained 50 lbs back from resting and recovering so far. But as I've learned in the past support groups are priceless. And I'm struggling mentally and physically to get through this.

I hope to get to know everyone, become wiser and one day compete in a way that honors my body and health. :)

Sorry for the book. :)

ncfarris26
05-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Hello! I've been talking with Erik, reading a lot of his articles and following everyone on the FB page.

I used to weigh 250 lbs. I trained hard and dieted equally as hard for over 3 years in hopes to compete in figure. I won't lie, I also wanted to stick it to the naysayers. In 2009 my diet got as strict as possible with only 1400 calories, on top of estrogen blockers, fat burners and 2 hours of cardio and 2 hours of strength training a day. It became harder and harder for me to lose weight. I was eventually accused of not doing what I was told to. Frustrating when you're literally killing yourself.

I went on to compete in September 2009 for the experience - I was still "fat" at 152 lbs. After that I hired another coach who went on to lower my calories to 1200. I thought I struck gold because he didn't believe in the estrogen blockers, fat burners or the hours of cardio. In the end, he also managed to accuse me of cheating on my diet after the weight wouldn't budge. Needless to say I had another competition that I entered and still wasn't close to "competing" in. I had dropped to 147 lbs by the time of competition. Better than the previous year, but yeah... You can see the theme right?

Since then the Dr. has diagnosed me with having adrenal burnout and a form of hypothyroidism called Wilson's Temperature Syndrome. Supposedly it's 95% reversible. I'm in the middle of treatments now.

So as you can see, I'm not new to dieting or training but it appears I'm new to the RIGHT way to diet and train. I'm hoping to dispel a few of those handed down "rules" from one bodybuilder to another and learn the healthy way to get this job done. Although at this time my goal is not dieting or losing fat, it's recovering. I've gained 50 lbs back from resting and recovering so far. But as I've learned in the past support groups are priceless. And I'm struggling mentally and physically to get through this.

I hope to get to know everyone, become wiser and one day compete in a way that honors my body and health. :)

Sorry for the book. :)Hi T! Welcome to LBF. :wave:

There is another member here, Kisha, who works with Erik and who also has been diagnosed with Wilson's. She hasn't posted lately but comes back every once in a while. Good for you for focusing on recovering first. :clap:

Bro science=:thumbsdown: Erik=:thumb:

:D

Inatic
05-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Welcome!

Im sorry you have had such a hard go of it but wow, congrats on what you have accomplished in spite of such awesome coaching!

Just so ya know, Wilsons is a crock!

MizzIronT
05-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Curious why you say Wilson's is a crock?

ncfarris26
05-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Welcome!

Im sorry you have had such a hard go of it but wow, congrats on what you have accomplished in spite of such awesome coaching!

Just so ya know, Wilsons is a crock!

Really? I thought Kisha said that Hortolf (sp?) was the one that diagnosed her with that- thought that was generally a well-respected place?

Inatic
05-05-2011, 09:47 PM
if kisha had wilsons, she wouldnt be on meds full time.

ncfarris26
05-06-2011, 02:17 AM
if kisha had wilsons, she wouldnt be on meds full time.
Oh I see!