PDA

View Full Version : what have you learned on your journey

Jael
06-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Hi Everyone! I am new to LBC...Its been about 10 days now but I am not new to working out. Just wanted to ask some of you who have been working with Erik for sometime now...how long have you been working togetherand what are the top 3 most significant things that have changed your attitude/perspective about dieting and working out or the top 3 things you have learned?

Being 10 days in I can say that after my last contest I struggled for 2 months to keep from going out of control with my eating....and now like a light switch I have no problems whatso ever! Must be the fish oils!

Inatic
06-25-2011, 12:31 AM
LOL, to fish oils.. They make us smarter :lol:

I have worked with Erik consistently for over 5yrs now.

Make this a journey/ lifestyle not a one fix time diet/plan or focus on an end goal.
Develop a healthy relationship for food not with it.
And
have healthy relationship for exercise.. Appreciation for what I can do for my body (mind and spirit ), not what it can do for me.

Appreciate and love all of myself and not focus on flaws.

mcv
06-25-2011, 01:40 AM
I have learned to treat diet and exercise like a science project. Takes ALL the emotional part out of it.

Vacations are just that - vacations. Control what you can and enjoy what you can't.

Scales are just random number generators. I weigh MORE now that when I first started with Erik and wear a smaller size. :)

sarge17
06-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Great thread! I haven't started with Erik, but I'd love to hear more!

patti
06-25-2011, 11:58 AM
LOL, to fish oils.. They make us smarter :lol:

...Oh boy! That means I'll be smarter than my teenagers!

I have worked with Erik consistently for over 5yrs now.

Make this a journey/ lifestyle not a one fix time diet/plan or focus on an end goal.
Develop a healthy relationship for food not with it.
And
have healthy relationship for exercise.. Appreciation for what I can do for my body (mind and spirit ), not what it can do for me.

Appreciate and love all of myself and not focus on flaws.

Wish there was an archive sections so I could refer back to some of this info quickly.

Jael
06-30-2011, 01:59 AM
-Ileen that is awesome. I admit I am a food junkie so its nice to know that one can learn to have a good relationship with food. I tend to do really well when I am training for competition but have never learned how to make that transition off. This last one it took me 2 months to get my act together

Jael
06-30-2011, 02:02 AM
;);););)
I have learned to treat diet and exercise like a science project. Takes ALL the emotional part out of it.

Vacations are just that - vacations. Control what you can and enjoy what you can't.

Scales are just random number generators. I weigh MORE now that when I first started with Erik and wear a smaller size. :)

Super Like this comment

Erind
06-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Great thread !

Very good points Ileen, I had to go back and read what you had written three times, I know I will come back to it again in the future.

jamistar77
06-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Great posts everyone!

MelissaMay
06-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Great reminders as we head into the holiday weekend. Thanks, ya'll!