PDA

View Full Version : Aerobic Training Between Lifting

Marrla
06-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Is this true? And if so, can someone shed some light on it please??

I was just chatting with this guy who graduated this year from Acadia University's Kinesiology department... He says that between weight lifting sessions (days, not sets) you have to do some type of aerobic training to recover for some yada yada yada reasons.... is this true? I told him I didn't agree... but don't have much to go on! lol And he said he just wrote a manual on it for body builders... thoughts?

Erik
06-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Dumb.

So, if I do no aerobic work b/w training sessions I don't recover well?

Blondell
06-11-2006, 04:40 PM
And he has a degree in kinesiology?! :huh: :blink:

Marrla
06-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Yah, I thought so too... but didn't want to make too much fun of it before I heard back. lol I actually laughed and smiled at him and said I didn't agree... SO glad to hear these opinions from yall too! I don't even know what he meant, but I'm gonna try and get him to explain next time...
He has his PFLC too, and he's going for some other one right away as well. I'd like to see the manual...

I just talked to him again on his way out though, and he was saying something about how when he was competition training he did an hour and a half of weights, followed by 45 minutes cardio... I see now, it's alllll coming together.... lol

DianeD
06-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Marrla@Jun 11 2006, 12:29 PM
Is this true? And if so, can someone shed some light on it please??

I was just chatting with this guy who graduated this year from Acadia University's Kinesiology department... He says that between weight lifting sessions (days, not sets) you have to do some type of aerobic training to recover for some yada yada yada reasons.... is this true? I told him I didn't agree... but don't have much to go on! lol And he said he just wrote a manual on it for body builders... thoughts?
As my uncle always says, "a student graduating with a D- from medical school is still considered a doctor - how good of a doctor is questionable"

With that kind of talk, no doubt this guy probably graduated last in his class :confused:

smuggie
06-11-2006, 08:08 PM
You don't have to do cardio in order to recover, but some low-intensity work, say walking briskly, can serve as a form of active recovery.

Some PLs follow this strategy.

Tony
06-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by smuggie@Jun 11 2006, 03:08 PM
You don't have to do cardio in order to recover, but some low-intensity work, say walking briskly, can serve as a form of active recovery.

Some PLs follow this strategy.

Agreed.