PDA

View Full Version : Future competitor...

DemiJohn
08-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Hey everyone been looking at most of the posts for quite some time now and I have got lots of good advice I was actually brought up by this site from my mom and thought I'd join. Well hello, I'm Demi I'm 16.
Actually trying to compete next year not sure if I'm going to do figure or bikini yet still deciding and trying to see how much I progress till then, I've been dieting and training for 12 weeks and a cheat day every three weeks. Just wanted to introduce myself and I hope I get lots of info on how to keep my diet up. BTW you guys look amazing!(: :wave:

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
08-30-2011, 06:03 PM
She is mine :).

Btw. Her diet as she speaks is very healthy. Lots of carbs. Good fats and is not insanely low calories. Alot of it has helped her learn portion size and weighing, etc Trying to teach her the benefit of weight training and healthy eating habits. Plus most of my family is into bodybuilding at some range of the spectrum. I guess with me competing for the last 5 years she has developed some interest in doing it. Although I've really wanted her to pursue competing in Fitness if she was going to.

She forgot to mention she is an ex-competitive gymnast with lots of great muscle base already.

I learned alot from these forums and since she was scoping other web forums on diet and training. I led her here since I prefer her to learn healthier strategies than what are on some other sites.

Inatic
08-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Welcome Demi!

with a gymnast back round no interest in fitness?

DemiJohn
08-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Thank you!(: Always thought about it, but never had a mind set on it.

Inatic
08-31-2011, 01:14 AM
How much do you need to loose?

a free meal every three weeks seems kind of restrictive.

What is the youngest someone can compete or a better question, should they?

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
08-31-2011, 01:43 AM
How much do you need to loose?

a free meal every three weeks seems kind of restrictive.

What is the youngest someone can compete or a better question, should they?

She probably doesn't need to lose much, if anything. And she is actually doing a cheat day. Not just a meal. Alot of this is based on what she is reading and stuff. She listens to me a little ;)

As far as age. I don't know the youngest. I've seen a 14 yo compete bikini and figure at a show I did last year. But I think it depends on the promoter. At most she MAY do it next year and she will be 17. There are honestly no final decisions on it.

I think her goals right now is she wants to be leaner. Not necessarily less weight.

I personally think she looks perfect!!

DemiJohn
08-31-2011, 01:49 AM
I still have a little to lose not to much mostly just get my bottom half leaner, but as I've heard that's the last place women lose. It cause I have a full cheat day but I see a lot of progression from it and doing a cheat meal every week I don't think I could do psychologicly I like to stay on my diet most of the time it makes me feel better so the occasional day helps me when I need it(: I know some people think it's kind of a young age to start out doing all the dieting and everything but I like it and I love being in shape.

pavermama
08-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Hello and welcome...good luck in whatever u choose to do...i also think the gym. Background would really benefit fitness comp..jusy my 2 cents!

DemiJohn
08-31-2011, 01:04 PM
Yeah I'm still so undecided with what I want to do. Hopefully I will know before the next year I'll let you guys know what I decide I mostly wanted to do bikini to get expierence competing

ncfarris26
08-31-2011, 04:11 PM
:wave:

DemiJohn
08-31-2011, 04:47 PM
:wave: hi!

stephm2010
08-31-2011, 06:19 PM
:hi: I hope you do fitness! I think that there are too few that do it. Good luck with everything:)

DemiJohn
08-31-2011, 07:29 PM
Thank you!

LilMissSunshine
09-01-2011, 08:38 PM
:wave: Welcome Demi! Just wanted to give you props on being your age and having such a big goal and the dedication and commitment to it. :thumb: Whatever you chose, be wise, be healthy (Im sure no worries there with Mama in your corner), and have fun!! Wishing you the best!

DemiJohn
09-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Ooh thank you so much! Yeah my momma has given me some very good input I just don't know what I want to do still so undecided.

LilMissSunshine
09-02-2011, 06:45 PM
No rush on deciding :) It will come to you. Just listen to your heart :love0011:

DemiJohn
09-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Thank you for saying that! I still have till the beginning of next summer to decide so I'm trying not to rush(:

PrissyLilBadAss
09-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Welcome Demi! Hooray for former gymnasts! (I competed in acro gymnastics in my day.) How exciting to start competing at such an early age! I didn't get thrown into this world until I was 30! Best of luck with your goals!

DemiJohn
09-10-2011, 04:13 AM
Welcome Demi! Hooray for former gymnasts! (I competed in acro gymnastics in my day.) How exciting to start competing at such an early age! I didn't get thrown into this world until I was 30! Best of luck with your goals!

Did you? That's awesome! I loved gymnastics. Unfortunately, had to give it up. But maybe fitness is in my future(: thank you so much!

Breezy
09-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey Demi! First of all I LOVE your name! (Nice one Scarlett!) Second I think it's soooo awesome that you wanna start out now, I wish I did!! Also, I'm a super-duper indecisive person, my bf makes fun of me for how long it takes me to order if we go out to eat, so I totally understand...But, just a thought, you could do both fitness & bikini of ya wanted to right? Try 'em both out and see what you like...I agree that there aren't enough girls that do fitness, it's so awesome and entertaining, I wish I could do it! Anyway, best of luck to you in whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll do great :)

lesliemirinda
09-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Demi I've tried Figure, Bodybuilding and I've always wanted to try Fitness...but now I'm on to WPD...its all FUN!!!!!!!!! And they have Junior categories :yippee::yippee: when you ready! I wish you all the best!