PDA

View Full Version : NorCal Newbie!

Swift
09-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm ***NEW*** he he he! I can't wait to get my post count up so I can start to read everyone's journals! Can I say that I'm literally addicted to this website already!?

Is it REALLY true that if you weigh 180lbs, you can eat about 2600 cals and do no cardio and really just maintain your weight!? If this works. . . I'm going to write a book about it. . . he he he

Erik
09-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Not necessarily. It's not that simple and 'formulas' are just starting points. What happens in reality is what you base things on.

welcome to LBF.

stephm2010
09-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Welcome :wave:

Inatic
09-18-2011, 05:47 PM
and you posted this in another thread..

Every thread I read, I find that I'm more and more enamoured! HOW can this all be true?! I was GAINING WEIGHT on 900cals / day ! AND DOING 60MINS CARDIO FASTED IN THE AM! dear god. . .

that signifies 'issues'

Swift
09-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Not necessarily. It's not that simple and 'formulas' are just starting points. What happens in reality is what you base things on.

welcome to LBF.

and you posted this in another thread..

that signifies 'issues'

I agree completely. I'm looking to find a base line right now. I'm going to start up a journal once I'm able to post there and explain where I've been etc. Right now, I'm trying to find my maintenance.

Yes, many issues. ;)

LilMissSunshine
09-18-2011, 07:12 PM
Hey Swift! Im so glad you came to the forums and are enjoying the wealth of information available :D I wish you the very best and look forward to following along once you start a journal!

Swift
09-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Thank you so much! I am really excited about this. I can't wait to start my journal and open up about everything. I have a pretty active journal on another website, but I decided I want to keep everything over here pretty anonymous as 1) I'm embarrassed and 2) I'm not sure the people over on the other site will understand this concept?

Breezy
09-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Thank you so much! I am really excited about this. I can't wait to start my journal and open up about everything. I have a pretty active journal on another website, but I decided I want to keep everything over here pretty anonymous as 1) I'm embarrassed and 2) I'm not sure the people over on the other site will understand this concept?

:wave:

My guess is the other site is siouxcountry...am I right?! teehee.

Inatic
09-18-2011, 08:40 PM

you shouldnt be.. and maybe, your recovery will help keep others to have their eyes open and look at other ways of safely obtaining their competitive goals.

SWARD
09-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Don't be embarrassed girly we all have had issues!!! Good thing is you found your way over here!! This site has sooo much info here.

Steph

cathymp
09-19-2011, 01:45 AM
:wave: Welcome.

Swift
09-19-2011, 02:06 AM
:wave:

My guess is the other site is siouxcountry...am I right?! teehee.

Nope. I never got 'into' that website actually. Its somewhere else. I'm choosing to make myself 'secret' over here dude to ex-boyfriends and ex-gurus ;) and maybe both. lol . . . .

you shouldnt be.. and maybe, your recovery will help keep others to have their eyes open and look at other ways of safely obtaining their competitive goals.

I agree. I was actually talking with my friend about this today, as a lot ...A LOT of girls were following me over on the other website, and now that I've realized 'what I've done'....I feel like I'm almost doing a diservice to them to not tell them about this 'new mind set' but I think I'd like to really get moving and into and get a good handle and be educated on it fully before I go proclaiming things. =)

Don't be embarrassed girly we all have had issues!!! Good thing is you found your way over here!! This site has sooo much info here.

Steph

Its nice to see I'm not alone!

:wave: Welcome.

Thank you! Off to start my journal! =)

pavermama
09-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Hello there and Welcome!!

patti
09-20-2011, 08:59 PM
I was actually talking with my friend about this today, as a lot ...A LOT of girls were following me over on the other website, and now that I've realized 'what I've done'....I feel like I'm almost doing a diservice to them to not tell them about this 'new mind set' but I think I'd like to really get moving and into and get a good handle and be educated on it fully before I go proclaiming things. =)

Its nice to see I'm not alone!

Thank you! Off to start my journal! =)

Hi SWF!:wave:
I'm a wee bit behind on my reading here, but wanted to welcome you!
I hope you'll get comfortable here and enjoy your journey. You said something that resonated with me as a fitness instructor. I'm a wait lister, but have been soaking up as much info here as I can until my number is called. In the last 5 weeks, I've lost weight & inches by following a "plan" which I put together based on what I've absorbed from LBF. I'm following what I would call a reasonably simple routine from one of the threads here. I no longer work out with my students, and already they're noticing the changes in my appearance. Just a few days ago, I began to feel a bit guilty while watching my students perform their intense workouts. The reality of it is, most of them would probably not adhere to plans &/or routines like the ones we have found here.
You have to do what is best for you!

Swift
09-20-2011, 10:27 PM
Hi SWF!:wave:
I'm a wee bit behind on my reading here, but wanted to welcome you!
I hope you'll get comfortable here and enjoy your journey. You said something that resonated with me as a fitness instructor. I'm a wait lister, but have been soaking up as much info here as I can until my number is called. In the last 5 weeks, I've lost weight & inches by following a "plan" which I put together based on what I've absorbed from LBF. I'm following what I would call a reasonably simple routine from one of the threads here. I no longer work out with my students, and already they're noticing the changes in my appearance. Just a few days ago, I began to feel a bit guilty while watching my students perform their intense workouts. The reality of it is, most of them would probably not adhere to plans &/or routines like the ones we have found here.
You have to do what is best for you!

Hi Hun,

Thank you! and yes I feel you. Why do you feel that they would not adhere to these ideas?

FireFly
09-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Welcome to the land of NO RETARDIO. ;) Sanity. A life--who'da thought?

I feel the same about journals- want to have one, but want to be anyonymous. Jeckyl n Hyde...

Problem is, a lot of people following you would 'do anything' to 'look like you'. It's never bad to admit you screwed up or you 'thunk' wrong-- you're just a person.

You can only work with what you have to work with. What you know now is...well, it's what you know! So...you try to help others prep..motivate, etc...and turns out you now have some new info. And it changes what you did/taught/preached before. No big deal.

That's what you had then; this is what you have now. You have a new information, now, so don't feel any sort of pride issue about backpedaling and admitting that your old prep methods may not have been the wisest of all -- no matter how 'hardcore' you were about those ideas. People really respect a person who can say, 'You know...I think I found a better way, and I think what I have been doing is not the right way to do things, anymore....check out what I learned.'

Get to know the program; I think you have already figured out that is probably the wiser plan, but hey-- you're here now, and you were wise to question the other method, so you're not a hard headed knob... pass it along when you get a chance to feel like you can say, "Hey-- look at me now" :)

patti
09-27-2011, 01:34 AM
Hi Hun,

Thank you! and yes I feel you. Why do you feel that they would not adhere to these ideas?

Most of them struggle to understand that they have to eat to lose weight - just trying to get them to eat 'something' before they come to class can be difficult...usually they get sick or close to passing out before I can convince them not to show up with an empty 'tank'! For most, their only desire is 'weight loss'. They don't really care whether it's fat or muscle, they just want to be thin.