PDA

View Full Version : Anxious (and slightly nervous) in Florida!

kdbaker_05
10-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Hey everyone! Still working on figuring this thing out and having trouble adding a pic right now so for the time being I am faceless.

My husband and I just joined. It's only been a week but I am so ready to get started...it seems like it took forever to get to this point. I've known for quite some time that I wanted to be an LBCer and learn from the best but I had trouble pulling the trigger. I started my fitness journey back in high school when I was one of two girls on the weightlifting team. That started my deep love for this lifestyle and like anyone new to this world I became over zealous. I decided to become a personal trainer and jumped on the first certification I could find...which turned out to be a dud, complete waste of time as I learned absolutely nothing!! Around that time I was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy and gave up on all my fitness ambitions. I believed at the time that it was impossible with my disease (what can I say I was 19 and dumb). I am now no longer 19 but still have some of those not so bright moments when I want to give up. I found my way back to the weight room after a very long time off and have been back at it for a few years now. After being a chicken for so long (Erik, you kinda scare me, lol) we decided to just man up and do it together...so here we are, anxiously awaiting for our names to move up the list.

I'm excited to meet everyone and embrace this new adventure.

Kristin :)

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
10-20-2011, 02:44 PM
This is a great place to be and a great place to start!! Welcome! Good luck to you and your hubby!! :hi:

Inatic
10-20-2011, 06:17 PM
welcome Kristen (and hubby!)

Does the MD hold you back?

In order to add a picture/avi, go to your control panel (upper right hand corner) click that..
then once there, look to the left side bar, you should see edit/add avitar(small picture)

kdbaker_05
10-20-2011, 06:39 PM
I'd like to say it doesn't...but it does have some impact. My biggest issue is that it is Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy, so the myotonia is the biggest problem. Sometimes my hands cramp up and I can't grip things so lifting is sometimes painful, but I usually just massage the hands and get back to it. I'm sure eventually I'll need to work around it but for now I just allow my stubborness to overcome it.

Thanks for the welcome! Hubby may or may not be joining the forums...I finally got him onto facebook, it takes sometime to convince him of anything computer related. :laugh:

Thanks. I didn't realize that the avatar and profile picture were two different things. When I go to the edit my profile area, it shows my picture in both spots now...but I still don't see it on here. I'm sure I'll get it figured out eventually. :dope: Looking into the control panel now. Thanks again.

kdbaker_05
10-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Woot woot!!

Feel a little stupid. I think I couldn't see it because I had privacy set to registered members only and I only had 8 posts...or I just didn't give it enough time.

Thanks for the help (and welcomes)!

kdbaker_05
10-20-2011, 06:52 PM
I'm just having issues today....maybe I should go get some sleep. :blondmoment:

pinkgloves
10-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Hi Kristin! Welcome to you and your hubby:wave:

DeniseT
10-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Welcome :wave:

stephm2010
10-21-2011, 12:07 AM
:wave: welcome :D

kdbaker_05
10-24-2011, 11:53 AM
:wave:

LilMissSunshine
10-25-2011, 02:13 AM
Hello :hi: Welcome!

Kelly Davis
10-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Welcome aboard! :p

Debbie
10-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Hi Kristen, :wave: Nice to meet you!

achogan
11-01-2011, 07:00 PM
welcome

jmama2cuteboys
11-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Welcome!! Good to see you here :wave:

MrsTish
11-12-2011, 01:45 AM
HI Kd....I've seen you on the waitlisters :) When did you sign up ? Looking forward to this ride we are on ! Welcome! Your story is inspiring!

kdbaker_05
11-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Thanks. I signed up officially (all documents in) Oct 13th.

When was your date? I'm super excited, been a long time coming...or so it seems, lol.

MrsTish
11-12-2011, 02:32 AM
Kd...form were in on 7/21....so I'm hoping maybe if I'm lucky it'll be THE best damn christmas present EVER!!!!! LOL

Same here!

Have you started a journal yet ?

mismax
11-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Welcome and great success. I've had my documents in since August.