PDA

View Full Version : Coming into the light!

Tiffany Leigh
10-31-2011, 10:05 PM
Hi everyone! I'm Tiffany, a notorious lurker! I'm really excited about being part of this forum, and soaking up all the good vibes, knowledge and excitement here. I've been lifting for years, and love it! I've also been silently intrigued by competing, not declaring my interest for fear of failure. But I'm here today, and I'm going to do this! I'm 39 and figured, what am I waiting for? So it's time to dial in the nutrition (always my downfall), continue working out, identify that contest, and GO FOR IT! I look forward to meeting everyone here, and hopefully at the shows to come in 2012! Have a great week!

Inatic
10-31-2011, 10:11 PM
welcome Tiffany!

whitneykitchen
10-31-2011, 10:52 PM
Hey Tifffany!
I think its great that your going to go after your goal of competing. I've always been curious of it myself. Who knows, maybe I"ll be on the stage with ya one day :)

MrsTish
11-01-2011, 02:38 AM
Hi Tiffany !! I am your twin ! LOL.....39 and the same place as you ! WELCOME !!!
Are you on the waitlist ?????

Tiffany Leigh
11-01-2011, 02:56 AM
Thanks Ileen! Your journey is amazing!

Tiffany Leigh
11-01-2011, 02:59 AM
Hi Mrs.Tish! That's awesome! Are you're rather "local" - just a state away. I am on the wait list right now for Nutrition only, and then switching to both Nutrition and Training come January. Hoping it works out that way. Do you have a show you plan on doing also? Figure, Fitness or Bikini? And check out that push up!! Love it!

Hey Whitney - Come on!! Do it with us! I just don't want to say "I wish I would have tried".

Inatic
11-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks Ileen! Your journey is amazing!
thank you!

I've throughly enjoyed the whole trip. :)

Erik
11-01-2011, 12:16 PM
:hi:

MrsTish
11-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Hoping it works out that way. Do you have a show you plan on doing also? Figure, Fitness or Bikini? And check out that push up!! Love it!.

I would LOVE to do a show....never thought I could (the right way:thumb:!!!!!) Until I found LBC !! So yes, gonna try fitness and VERY interested in TRI fitness. I am waiting for that majic email... Looking forward to what I can achieve.....and so sick of people saying....wait til your 40 and older...it gets harder.....DUH!!! Age is just a number ......just like the scale LOL

keep in touch !

Tiffany Leigh
11-02-2011, 04:19 AM
What's TRI fitness? I say do it, girl! I totally agree that age is an irrelevant number - I certainly don't feel it at all. And the scale...ugh...I hadn't stepped on one for over a year until I had to fill out Erik's form. It messes with my mind, so I go by how I'm feeling. If I work out and eat well, I feel good! Now it's time to step it up. Let's definitely keep in touch!

minglette
11-02-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi Tiffany, welcome!

MrsTish
11-02-2011, 02:11 PM
What's TRI fitness?

I'm still learning lots about it...it's essentially a timed obstacle course of sorts combined points from your stage presentation like a typical figure. I am also very interested in fitness but worry about some of the required moves. Need a routine coach locally or something...anywho !

Looking forward to our journey !!!

Tiffany Leigh
11-02-2011, 08:31 PM
oooohhhh, that sounds fun!! I love the idea of pairing the tough with the presentation! That's why I always steered away from fitness because I can't do the required moves. I get vertigo and the thought of a handstand or cartwheel is too much for me! Though I always loved dance. You should go for it!

Tiffany Leigh
12-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Updating here since I can't view Private Journal thread:
It is Monday, December 5th 2011. I have been doing this program for 3 weeks, and wasn't really sure what to expect from not only me, but the program itself. After my first biweekly, I had a bit of an awakening. This is mine. I can make this fail, which is what I've always done in the past. I'm a secret saboteur. But I can also make it work. I'm a no BS kind of person, and I have no idea why this would never translate to nutrition. I can work out all day, do any kind of lift, any kind of interval, cardio, etc. I kick ass at work and excel. Why couldn't I do the same with nutrition. This is a revelation to me. Erik's responses really do not allow for any kind of excuse making. Did no one call me on this before? Did I just not pay attention or care who was talking? But at this point, whatever is allowing for the transparency, it is becoming clear to me. I control it. I can do it, or not. Do I want it that bad? I like accomplishments, I like to say I was able to do something. I did the marathons, I did the powerlifting competitions, I did the college degrees. Things no one else I know (circle of family and friends) had done. I want to do the figure competition. I love the body and am amazed how resilient, forgiving and transformative it is. I want to treat it well, which I haven't done wholly in the past. Do I really need that bite or two of protein bar after my meal? No, not really. And while I could just do it and be done with it in the past, now I have to tell some one if I want this whole thing to work. Do I want to tell Erik that I had a bite or two...again? No, I really don't want his response. It makes me feel like I failed. Unless it is a planned deviation or cheat (eg: next one is Dec 30th for my anniversary), I WILL NOT DO IT! I see changes, and I want to continue seeing them. But this is where I often negate my work and slide back. Not this time!!! I have until April to make these changes and accomplish my goal. Get on it, chica! Be proud, be strong, and suck it up! This time it will stick!

Inatic
12-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Few more posts.

Do you want your Private journal moved to the regular journal section? Where it stands now, only YOU can post in it but others can view it.

Let me know?

Kirsten
12-15-2011, 04:48 AM
That's exciting that you want to compete...that may be a goal of mine one day as well :)