PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

Vanguard
11-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forums and thought I would introduce myself. All my life I have been pretty active and athletic. I could pretty much eat anything whenever I wanted and never had to worry about gaining weight. In fact I ended up having to weight train to add weight and muscle. I remember what my post workout meal was back when I first started some 20+ years ago it was a 20 pack of chicken McNuggets and a strawberry shake. My wife was a manager at McDonalds so I could eat for free. I remember listening to guys in the locker room talk about how they had to watch what they eat and I would laugh to myself!

Fast forward and I have changed careers getting into IT in 2002 and now work an office / desk job. I get very little if any exercise and I continue to eat like I always have. My 12 year old daughter is taking dance classes and they decided to do a parent child routine and my daughter insisted I participate. I was always huffing and puffing when we practiced but it was seeing myself on video tape on our actual performance that made me realize I need to lose some weight. I am 5'11 and weighed 210 lbs. Starting in May of this year I went on my very first diet and lost 15lbs but I was still not happy with how I looked and so I started to train again. I started a bodyspace profile on bodybuilding.com and started on my new journey. First I started working out on my Bowflex and then soon joined a gym. I quickly put on a lot of muscle and dropped even more fat and got up to 215 lbs. It was at this point I decided to once again diet down as I wanted to get a six pack, something I had never had before! Kind of crazy to wait until 46. I was able to drop my body fat from approximately 15% to 9% and was pretty happy with my result but wanted to get back to putting more muscle, which I have been doing for the past 7 weeks.

During that time I went to my very first bodybuilding competition and got very inspired and now have decided to actually compete for the first time, something I have always kind of wanted to do for a long time. Over this entire period I have spent all my free time learning and studying bodybuilding and nutrition and that is how I came across Erik and this site. I have been doing everything thus far on my own and I think I have done a pretty decent job and really prefer to do things on my own however now that I have decided to actually do this I am thinking it might be a good idea to get some help. I have never been as lean as people are in bodybuilding contests so rather than trying to do it myself and probably screwing it up I should try and get some help from someone with a proven track record like Erik. Not sure I can afford Erik and I have one other enquiry in for coaching, but no matter what happens I think it’s a good idea to join and hang out with likeminded people. I don't really like the bb.com forum crowd but this looks to be much better fit for me.

Anyway that's my story and I look forward to participating on the forums here.

Inatic
11-05-2011, 11:03 PM
welcome!
Glad to have you join us.

Erik
11-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Welcome!

pinkgloves
11-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Hi there and welcome! :wave:

Vanguard
11-06-2011, 05:23 PM
I noticed some people like me have a green name and others have a red name. I take it the red names are people who are actually clients?

Inatic
11-06-2011, 06:04 PM
no.. it has to do with post cost.. you are still 'new' to the forum when you have under 10 or so post counts.

Vanguard
11-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Ah ok thanks Ileen for explaining. :clap:

Debbie
11-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Hi :hi: I'm on the wait list for a plan from Erik. I have loved being on the forum learning new things. Keep posting- once you get 10 posts (I think it's 10) you get access to the journals. Thats where a lot of the fun begins! :popcorn:

Chellesmith
11-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Welcome! I have just started as well. I am 10 days into the plan. How are things going for you so far??

Michelle