PDA

View Full Version : And the transformation begins

AndiR
11-08-2011, 03:33 AM
Hey Everyone,

Andi here, and I am posting to tell you a little about myself :)

I am a 34 year old single mum, who works fulltime, about 6 years ago I went down the path of weight loss surgery (gastric band) and through subsequent surgeries (it never seems to end) I have gone from 120kgs (264 lbs) to 66 kgs (145lbs). I have been as low as 56 kgs (123lbs) but as history would have it, your body doesn't like to starve at this weight and it eventually goes back up. I have put on muscle though, so I don't mind the 66 that I am at now, but of course I want to change my life and the way I live it.

Over the past year I have come A LONG way, I mostly have been eating cleanly, and was training with a trainer (which I have learnt, isn't always the right solution, as their advice seems to be wraught with misguidance and more abuse) I followed everything he said, and again he has me just spiraling along a metabolic disaster, not like I wasn't already doing enough damage to myself.

So for 6 years I have been consuming between 800-1000 calories a day. And I am quickly learning to achieve what I want to now, this simply isn't at all good enough.

I couldn't be happier I have found LBC, I already feel like I have found my new home and everything that everyone says is what I have been looking for, for the longest of times!

Erik has been nothing but supportive already, speaking the hard truths that I didn't want to hear (as in 2 steps back, one forward, I mean are you shitting me, i have faught for 6 frigging years to get to this, and now I have to put weight on - SHIT! ha ha ha) but I am ok with that, I want this to be for life, I want to get to a point where I look like the fit girl, and maybe oneday feel good enough to hop on a stage, I don't care if I never do at this point, but gee I certainly want to feel like I have the ability to do it once this sad body is in the right place.

I can't wait to get to know you all, and also read everything that everyone has done and achieved with LBC. You guys will no doubt be my sanity in my wait for my very own program, and hopefully in the months wait that I have, I can correct some of the damage I have sustained, by increasing my calories and keeping it clean.

I don't know what else to do, as all this type of fitness is very very new to me, I am great at the starvation and getting "skinny" diet, but I don't want to be "skinny" I want this bitch to be FIT!!

In the meantime I need something to follow, so I thought that I would follow the LIVEfit program, but just do phase one and phase two (leaving the carb cycling out, until Erik deems me ready to get to that) if anyone has any opinions on this please help me, I want to do the right thing until I can get my program sorted, so it would be nice to hear peoples thoughts.

Thanks for reading and I can't wait to read all your stories
xxxxx
Andi

Inatic
11-08-2011, 10:23 AM
welcome Andi!

you'll be on your way to get fit and healthy here!

MrsTish
11-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Welcome Andi !!! Glad you are here ! NIce to hear your story !

drea
11-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Welcome and best of luck on your fitness journey!

DeniseT
11-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Hi :wave: Welcome

tiffany
11-10-2011, 05:02 AM
Hi and I can relate 900 -1000 cal diets is no bueno for the body... it eventually gives out, but I know I was brought to this sight for a reason and so were you!! So we can wait together!!

Debbie
11-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi Andi! :hi: I'm on the wait-list too. :hug:

Lizalou
11-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Welcome!! You in good hands with some very knowledgeable women and Especially Erik.

AndiR
05-06-2012, 01:07 AM
Ok, I have NO idea how I found this thread back, but I did LOL...

I am still trying to get used to the forums, I am so used to facebook, that it is hard here!

I hope everyone is well, I am hoping my wait comes to an end soon, I am pretty close, I am always very patient with this stuff, but I have fallen in a huge heap, and now wanting my wait to end sooner rather than later, which is unusual for me.

I think it is more because I have had this dream for so long, got thin the unnatural and dangerous way and have started to put alot of weight back on, and I can't go back there, and now I need to be accountable again, but I honest to god have NO idea what I am meant to do, I only know how to loose weight one way, a way that I am fighting EVERY day not to go back to, I haven't yet, but as the mirror starts yelling swear words at me, my resolve weakens.

Fingers crossed everyone, I know everyone on the wait list wants off as quick as the next person, but my head is about to do me under.

Love to all
Andi!

xxxxx

Inatic
05-06-2012, 01:09 AM
Good to see you back Andi.. Your time is coming!

brooket
05-06-2012, 03:11 AM
Hi Andi! This will be worth the wait!

Natt
05-06-2012, 04:45 AM
Hi Andi ! Waitlister too !!!

AndiR
05-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Hi Andi ! Waitlister too !!!

Hey Natt,

When did you join the waitlist??

I can't wait for my turn, I have been waiting in the wings for a while, so I am excited to get started. :) x

Natt
05-07-2012, 06:46 AM
I started enquiring in feb 2012 but didn't sign up til April :happy05: I'm on Eriks Waitlist .... How about you ? I'm spewing I "thought about it " for those couple of months given the Waitlist is long! Oh well. I'm enjoying reading through this huge forum and FB too ..... Lots of interesting stuff to be learned ... And lots of things to unlearn for me too !!!

AndiR
05-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Good to see you back Andi.. Your time is coming!

Thanks Ileen, it is good to be back, and I feel that most of my time will be spent here now..... :) I can't wait to get into it properly.....

xxxx

AndiR
05-07-2012, 09:43 AM
I started enquiring in feb 2012 but didn't sign up til April :happy05: I'm on Eriks Waitlist .... How about you ? I'm spewing I "thought about it " for those couple of months given the Waitlist is long! Oh well. I'm enjoying reading through this huge forum and FB too ..... Lots of interesting stuff to be learned ... And lots of things to unlearn for me too !!!

Heya Natt,

I am hoping my time is nearly up! I have been waiting around 7 months now, so fingers crossed I am pretty close :)

Hang in there, you are going to make it for sure...... the first bit of time goes pretty quick, but the last bit is a killer, because I think it is you know you are soooo close, but you just don't know exactly where you are LOL!!

xxxx

Natt
05-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Andi. Wow nearly there girl !!! Awesome. It's interesting to read other peoples story and see what has brought them to LBC ... I am 35 and have 2 gorgeous girls and an extremely supportive husband who puts up with all my body issues lol . Are u on FB I saw on a post of mine an Andi ... Is that you !!! In Sydney ??? I'm a Melbourne girl !!!
ATM I'm just trying to focus on health and happiness until my time comes up, but the more posts and pics I see of Eriks clients the more I can't wait !!! So happy that u are almost there and I look forward to seeing ur awesome pics too !!!

AndiR
05-09-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah Hun, I am on face book, and that Andi was likely me!! So add me - YAY, was it the post on the protein Powder.... :P

I am also 35 (well close ha ha ha) and have a beautiful 4 year old little girl.

This health thing kind of sucks you in and I fear that unless you are in on it, people just don't get it! ha ha ha, but I am cool with that, I don't usually bark at anyone anymore when they carry on about me not having a drink or eating something good and not eating chips, I just say to them, my choice, it's not affecting you, so stop worrying.

They really feel that to have fun you have to eat shit and drink like a sailor - I disagree, I will partake in a glass of bubbles every now and then, but it is usually one glass and I can't remember the last time I actually drank any!

Most people are used to me now, and they mind their own business... :)

I am just getting my head back around it all. I lost my way for about 2-3 months, and I am finding myself again, it has been a bit of a messy ride the last few months, and I am usually patient as I have said, but because of the messyness, I can't wait for my email to get started! It will come in due time though, in the meantime I have great support and I am working through my diet again and getting my program back to normal, I am a pretty busy single mum, but I have always managed to make sure I have time for me in the gym, it means 4.30 am starts, but at the end of the day it is all worth it. We do this for a reason, and we have to ask, what do we want out of life, I know I want to be fit and fine, and I want to be a better 35 year old than I was at 25 (which was 120kgs) I have got this and i will make it work!!!

xxxx

Look forward to our facebook chats
kisses
Andi

Natt
05-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Hey. Will send a fb request ! I can't believe u are soooo close to starting !!! Exciting ! U seem to have the right attitude and it's true about people just accepting how u choose to live your life .... The biggest thing I have found is to be happy with yourself in this moment . I have had a turbulent last 6 months after my first figure comp... I am the heaviest I have been since can't remember when , but have Gained a bit more size but also too much fat �� and I know that my prep was not the healthiest ... Which is why I am waiting for Erik ��
So u obviously have lost a of of weight since your 20s. That is awesome ! U must feel so much better and I remember when my girls were 4 u definitely need energy lol. And ur long days too 430am yikes !

How is the pnb powder ??? Definately will be getting some once I finish what's in the pantry !

Hope u have a great mothers day !!! My girls wanna go out for breakfast .... Can I order some egg whites lol. My poor girls ����

Juliamac
06-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Greetings miss...you've inspired me over on the JE FB site so here I am, signed, sealed and hopefully delivered a program before too long!

After seeing Keren West's (I think?) progress pics one day out from comp with no crazy dieting ect, I knew this was the place for me...that and some of the Livefitters like Stacey!

Unfortunately I will be flying solo this time around, but will hopefully have my program for the start of next year's comp season in May!

Yay!!!