PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from AZ

AZjenR
11-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Hi All -

I'm Jen from Phoenix. 37, single mom of 3 great kids. I don't compete - I just would like to look like I could. I actually worked with Erik for a brief time back in 2007 and was in the best shape of my life.

I'm finally back now (working with Amy) that my babies are growing up a bit, I've got my priorities straight and realize that if I don't take care of me - no one will be there to take care of them. You know - the whole "put your mask on first" thing. Mommy guilt is a powerful thing but I'm hoping desire to be a hot momma is stronger.

Best of luck and I'm looking forward to learning from you all!

AZjenR
11-14-2011, 04:41 AM
And my goal is to have a profile pic of me in a bikini. One to be proud of!

Inatic
11-14-2011, 10:55 AM
hi!

Debbie
11-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Hi Jen! :hi:

stephm2010
11-14-2011, 06:07 PM
:wave: good goal :)

Suzanne
11-15-2011, 05:14 AM
Hi! I am in Chandler. Wehave lived in AZ for 16 months can't say I am loving it- don't like heat. We train at Gold's in Gilbert weeknights but on the weekends go to Metroflex in Glendale Totally worth the hour drive each way!

My daughter in in college now but when i first began my weight loss she was 4 I would go to the gym at 9pm after she went to bed and eventually bought equipment for my garage and trained at home at 4AM before she got up.

good luck with your goals

kdbaker_05
11-15-2011, 03:22 PM
:wave: Hi

DeniseT
11-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Hi :wave: I'm in Mesa and I'm working with Amy too ! I have two girls; one in college and the other has a disability and I homeschool her. I was working out at home, then got into competing, then found LBC and Amy to fix the damage from my so called trainer.

Glad you are back and looking forward hearing about your new journey :)

AZjenR
11-17-2011, 03:05 AM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

AZjenR
11-17-2011, 03:10 AM
Hi Suzanne! I can understand that not everyone loves the AZ heat but you have to be loving it this time of year! I'm in Ahwatukee and just go to the LifeTime in Tempe (currently anyway) so I haven't heard of those gyms - Glendale IS quite a haul from Chandler.

It is tougher with the kids - a bit of a scheduling pain - but it's always something in your way. I'm just ready to make time for me.

I hope someday to have a great pic likes yours - very impressive!!

AZjenR
11-17-2011, 03:14 AM
Denise -

Yay for Amy - love her!

Excited there are a few of AZ gals on here! Sounds like you're successful at juggling a lot too - I'll be sure to keep tabs on you and see if I can't learn a thing or two!

jmama2cuteboys
11-18-2011, 03:44 AM
Welcome! We lived in PHX about 6 years ago, we loved this time of year.

DeniseT
11-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Denise -

Yay for Amy - love her!

Excited there are a few of AZ gals on here! Sounds like you're successful at juggling a lot too - I'll be sure to keep tabs on you and see if I can't learn a thing or two!

LOL, I will anyway I can, but just so you know. . . .I'm a newbie myself :weights2: You will learn a lot here and all the people are helpful, caring, loving, and encouraging. Just ask, and they will give and/or find the answers you need :)
If I've learned nothing else, it's that we moms have to MAKE time for ourselves, because time will NEVER present itself.

Have a funtastic day :bunny: