PDA

View Full Version : hello!

michele.m
11-22-2011, 03:28 PM
my name is michele and this is my first post on LBC forums....
very happy to have a place to learn, visit and grow with fitness!

i love fitness and all aspects of it and have been on my personal journey of fitness since
i was 21......i'm now...'cough' 'cough' 49.

at 21 i went to a 'real' gym for the first time and started lifting weights. it was the kind of gym that had limited equipment
but real strength training work was what it was all about. i remember seeing a woman there who was so incredibly fit and ripped
(i think she may have been getting ready for a show but i had no idea at the time) that i wanted to know what that was all about.

i've also been a long time runner and have currently ran 3 full marathons and a half a dozen half marathons......

about 12 years ago starting hitting the gym taking classes and learning more about strength training. the last 4 years i have devoted more of my workouts to strength training and learning more about HOW to workout.

i have competed in one bikini competition which was a year ago. i loved it...i mean i was scared to death, but what a positive learning experience about what kind of strength one has to push yourself further than you thought you could.

i've known about erik and lean bodies for awhile now and i've decided i wanted to learn more about strength training, conditioning and see what kind of fitness i can attain with him and his crew. i'm super stoked and am so looking forward to my plan.....i'm on the wait list currently.

thanks!

Inatic
11-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Welcome Michele.

I am 49 as well (50 in May) :D

look around and let us know if we can help. Many find it helpful to start a journal (you need to post more for access)

MrsTish
11-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Hi Michelle....Welcome !:wave:

michele.m
11-22-2011, 03:52 PM
thank you....
i will start a journal...

RpH
11-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi Michelle, post here as well since I can't read journals.

Kirsten
12-15-2011, 04:54 AM
Wow you should be so proud if yourself for competing! I wish you luck on your journey :)

KAW795
12-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Welcome, Michele. Glad to have you with us.

Shekerr
12-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Hi Michele, I'm new here also, welcome!

RindaClark
12-20-2011, 03:46 AM
I'm almost there with ya! I have just lost 100 pounds doing Take Shape for Life and am hoping to get off the "diet food" and onto Erik's plan to help with the metabolic bomb waiting to go off as I return to a more normal calorie level as well as getting super fit - a goal I have had for many years (over 20!!) Nice to see someone else who is not the proverbial 'spring chicken'! Best of luck to you on this journey!!