PDA

View Full Version : NEW GUY on the block :-)

GuyrTaylor
11-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Hello Everybody,
I am new to this plan and new the the board, but not new to fitness. I may be in the minority here as i am a male. :angel4: My wife and i are starting the plan and we are so excited. We were very lucky to get in together. My goals are to get ripped and really see how far i can push myself. I don't want (not today at least) to be huge just want to look strong and in shape. I have good muscle size as it is, now its time to show it off more ;-)
I recently lost about 30 lbs from May to Sept and now i am ready to take it to the next step with Erik and your help. I also know enough to be helpful to other, especially in the initial stage of getting back into the gym after too long out of it.

Tiny bit background on me/us:
First and foremost I am a father of 2 awesome kids, Easton (6) and Sierra (4). I am a husband of over 10 years to my wonderful wife Shamina (you should see her here soon as well).
I own 2 businesses, one is a consulting firm in the food industry (design work of production facilities) and the other other is a Gluten Free, organic bakery and candy plant.
I like to work hard and play hard.
I love the outdoors and being active.
We live in the Chicago area.

I guess thats enough for now, I am just really excited to work with all of you to better myself for me and my family.

Thanks,
Guy

Inatic
11-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Welcome!!

shodges
11-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Hello Everybody,
I am new to this plan and new the the board, but not new to fitness. I may be in the minority here as i am a male. :angel4: My wife and i are starting the plan and we are so excited. We were very lucky to get in together. My goals are to get ripped and really see how far i can push myself. I don't want (not today at least) to be huge just want to look strong and in shape. I have good muscle size as it is, now its time to show it off more ;-)
I recently lost about 30 lbs from May to Sept and now i am ready to take it to the next step with Erik and your help. I also know enough to be helpful to other, especially in the initial stage of getting back into the gym after too long out of it.

First and foremost I am a father of 2 awesome kids, Easton (6) and Sierra (4). I am a husband of over 10 years to my wonderful wife Shamina (you should see her here soon as well).
I own 2 businesses, one is a consulting firm in the food industry (design work of production facilities) and the other other is a Gluten Free, organic bakery and candy plant.

I guess thats enough for now, I am just really excited to work with all of you to better myself for me and my family.

Thanks,
Guy

Hi Guy :wave:
Welcome! Your in good hands with Erik and LBF :thumb:
I like the sound of your business! :yum:

PEGS
11-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Hello Everybody,

Thanks,
Guy

Welcome Guy. My son is gluten free, totally should talk to you as finding quality gluten free product is hard where I am!

GuyrTaylor
11-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Thanks guys....look forward to this and getting to know you all better.

DeniseT
11-26-2011, 02:14 AM
Welcome to both of you :) :wave:

pinkgloves
11-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Hi Guy! Very excited for you and Shamina and your new adventure with LBC. Glad to have a new IL friend. I'm about 90 miles southwest of Chicago :D

patti
11-29-2011, 02:29 AM
:hi: Guy!

RpH
11-29-2011, 04:25 PM
You're not the only guy, (no pun intended) and you'll learn a lot hanging around here. The only draw back is the women, who shall remain nameless, who are pic whores and want pics progress pics posted all the time. It's all good.

Debbie
12-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Hi Guy :wave:

GuyrTaylor
12-01-2011, 06:14 AM
Thanks everyone for the welcomes. Today was the toughest day yet on the plan. It was the first day (since on the plan) that I had to take customers out for lunch. that was interesting. I drove them to lunch, paid and talked business...but didn't eat a thing. They were really go about it, in fact they were pretty interested in it. We were running new GF cookies and brownies all day in my bakery plant for them. They kept saying this one is good...try it. I'd say no thanks and told them its product for them and i trust your taste buds. :-) Then i had to drive 4 hrs to a hotel, just got in, and that drive was tough too. I realized i used to munch a lot when i take long road trips. But I made it and was 100% complaint!!!! Whew.... ;-)

BethC
12-01-2011, 03:29 PM
:lol:

Hello! and welcome... There are tons of helpful resources here. I know it, I've been spending too much time on the laptop lately!!:scratch:

KAW795
12-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Then i had to drive 4 hrs to a hotel, just got in, and that drive was tough too. I realized i used to munch a lot when i take long road trips. But I made it and was 100% complaint!!!! Whew.... ;-)

Great job resisting the munchies and staying 100% compliant. WooHoo! As a former muncher myself, I know how difficult this was to accomplish.

patti
12-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Way to resist! :clap:
How long have you been 'on'? I didn' catch your start date...but I'm only on day two and ready to gnaw on the edge of my ipad case!:taz: ...so a tad on the ditzy side today!
Did you and your wife start at same time? give her a big :hug: from us!

Inatic
12-03-2011, 11:28 PM
wow awesome compliance!

GuyrTaylor
12-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Start date was 11/25/11. So a little over a week and 100% comply. Yes we started together. She is seeing nice results and loves the new workout plan.
It can tell you its a lot easier for the both of us with us both being on the same path. While some of your meals are a little different for the most part they are close enough that meals are easy to prep. Since i do the cooking in the house i like that. :-)

For me the calorie deficit s not too bad. I am already see results on the scale and more important in the mirror. I mean there are days its tough not to just snack (i think out of habit), but then you look in the mirror and your like...oh yeah thats why i don't want to snack. :-)
Had a another test last night. We had a holiday party at a BAR!! That was for sure a first for us, go the bar and not drink!! But we did and still had a nice time.

Kirsten
12-15-2011, 04:51 AM
How exciting that your wife will be joining you!

Shekerr
12-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Welcome guy! awesome job, and the holiday party for me is coming tonight...in my mind keep wondering if I will have a glass of wine? that's about my limit...not calorie wise but toleration wise!lol.
great that you and your wife are in this together, great support system in place!