PDA

View Full Version : New here

xbikemom
12-04-2011, 04:31 AM
Hi. My name is Julie. I'm a mom of two, a 7 year old girl and 10 year old boy. I'm going to be 40 in March and decided it was time to transform my body. I'm working with Amy and have 5 days left until my two weeks is up. Using the food plan she gave me has been eye opening. I wonder how many calories I was actually consuming before. I know it was a lot! My decision to take on this transformation goal has not come without it's cost...my boyfriend wasn't supportive and so this morning we decided a break was necessary. I'm wondering how other people have dealt with this. I look forward to learning a lot from everyone here.

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
12-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Welcome Julie. Congrats on working with Amy. What isn't your boyfriend supportive of? And you were going to take a break from dieting?

I think the first step that you need to overcome is having other people convince you you shouldn't be dieting or working out and not be easily influenced to do that. When you are trying to struggle mentally yourself to keep going, when you are hungry and tired, if you are already easily influenced to break your diet or routine, you are not going to be able to keep going. It doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks regarding this. If it is your goal then you stick to it, period. Especially only after 2 weeks of dieting and you need a break already? YOu have a long road ahead! Not trying to mean, but it is true.

Inatic
12-04-2011, 01:31 PM
welcome!

Its not uncommon, though, sad, that loved ones/friends arent supportive. I think it stirs up a lot of insecurities on their part.
Realize, this is your choice and something you are chosing to do for you. Also realize that you /me /anyone still need to love and support family, friends etc and try not to alienate them either. Just because one/we is dieting, doesnt mean everything stops either. Continue to socialize etc while you incorporate these new ideas and changes into your lifestyle and journey.. key words.

xbikemom
12-04-2011, 08:45 PM
Scarl3tbutt3rfly, I don't mean a break from this. Lol. I meant my boyfriend and I are taking a break because he doesn't feel like we can do anything while I'm on this diet. I'm not going to stop. I realized he doesn't support me.

xbikemom
12-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Thanks Ileen. I am doing it for me, and those that don't support me don't need to be around to see my transformation. :)

Scarl3tbutt3rfly
12-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Scarl3tbutt3rfly, I don't mean a break from this. Lol. I meant my boyfriend and I are taking a break because he doesn't feel like we can do anything while I'm on this diet. I'm not going to stop. I realized he doesn't support me.

Oh!! Lol sorry misunderstood!! That is too bad though it came to that!! Sounds like you guys just have very different set of goals.

I wish you much luck in your journey!!!

xbikemom
12-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Oh!! Lol sorry misunderstood!! That is too bad though it came to that!! Sounds like you guys just have very different set of goals.

I wish you much luck in your journey!!!

I read it back and see how you misunderstood.

Yes, I guess we do have different goals? He talks about how he likes being physically active but he doesn't do a whole lot to prove it. And his eating habits are horrible. All it took was one time for me to say I couldn't go out to eat sushi last week because I was in my first two weeks and he got upset. He sent me a text yesterday saying that maybe we should take a break while I'm on this diet. I told him that not everything we do needs to revolve around eating and drinking (which he really likes to do). I guess it is better to know now in the beginning that he doesn't support me. I actually have more motivation as a result!

Thank you for the good luck wishes.

BethC
12-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Hi. My name is Julie. I'm a mom of two, a 7 year old girl and 10 year old boy. I'm going to be 40 in March and decided it was time to transform my body. I'm working with Amy and have 5 days left until my two weeks is up. Using the food plan she gave me has been eye opening. I wonder how many calories I was actually consuming before. I know it was a lot! My decision to take on this transformation goal has not come without it's cost...my boyfriend wasn't supportive and so this morning we decided a break was necessary. I'm wondering how other people have dealt with this. I look forward to learning a lot from everyone here.

Hello Julie! Welcome.. So nice to hear you have almost completed your first 2 Weeks!! You should be so proud of yourself. Iam lucky to say that Iam married to the most kind, loving man and he supports me all the way. He has competed in a couple BB shows in the past. He knows first hand all the sacrifice that it takes to prep for a competition.
You have set up a goal to transform your body. Do not let ANYONE hinder you dreams. The person that really loves you, should be the person that is 100% with you all the time. Best of luck in your prep and try to start up a Journal!:lol:

xbikemom
12-05-2011, 02:56 AM
Thank you Beth. I agree with you about needing someone 100% behind me. It was so hurtful to realize he wasn't.

I'm looking forward to being able to check out the journals as well as start one.

CathyK
12-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Hi Julie, I'm a newbie here too and just completed by 1st bi-weekly with Amy, so we're @ about the same point in the "plan". Are you doing the fitness w/her as well? I know it was a challenge to my husband as we used to eat out alot. What worked for us, is that I eat my meal before we go out and then I have no temptations and he can order whatever he wants! Sorry it didn't work out w/the boyfriend but sometimes things happen for a reason, at least they do in my world. Good luck to you! How much did you lose on your 1st bi-weekly? I'm down 7 lbs. and so psyched and invigorated!

epona
12-09-2011, 05:53 PM
:wave: hi julie!

sorry to hear about your boyfriend. mine tries to be supportive but it is hard for him as all we used to do revolved around eating and drinking, and now we don't anymore. we've had to struggle to find things to do together, and we've had arguments. it's tough, but you need to do this for you, and make yourself happy, because if you are not, no one else in your life is going to be. ;)

welcome again, and i look forward to following your journey!

xbikemom
12-10-2011, 02:24 PM
:wave: hi julie!

sorry to hear about your boyfriend. mine tries to be supportive but it is hard for him as all we used to do revolved around eating and drinking, and now we don't anymore. we've had to struggle to find things to do together, and we've had arguments. it's tough, but you need to do this for you, and make yourself happy, because if you are not, no one else in your life is going to be. ;)

welcome again, and i look forward to following your journey!

Thank you Christine. That is all I want...to be happy. And when the person who supposedly loves you doesn't support you it sucks. He just doesn't get it though and keeps texting me like nothing is wrong. It is messing with me and stressing me out and I'm struggling to stay on track. I just posted in the disordered eating thread. :(

Inatic
12-10-2011, 04:49 PM
hang in there hun.The issues you are dealing with dont need to be feed with food but with thought . Let go of what is fighting you and just go forward. You cant eat those emotions away.
:hug:

xbikemom
12-11-2011, 12:17 AM
hang in there hun.The issues you are dealing with dont need to be feed with food but with thought . Let go of what is fighting you and just go forward. You cant eat those emotions away.
:hug:

I really needed to read that today. Thank you!!!

Kirsten
12-15-2011, 04:32 AM
I'm sorry about your break... But I have great respect that you are unwilling to compromise what's best for you and ultimately your children. I wish you the best :)

Kirsten
12-15-2011, 04:35 AM
I failed to mention that I'm 42 with a 6 year old son. I'm also looking to live a healthier lifestyle and it looks like Amy will be leading the way for me as well :)