PDA

View Full Version : EC's RC program...

Leah
05-05-2006, 12:28 PM
When is the best time to do EC's rotator cuff program? He says at the end of a chest day, in replacement of shoulder training. I already don't train shoulders and my program right now is full body but...I also do complexes after my heavy day. Would it be best to do on an off day or after my light day training...which already kicks my ass :dry:

Erik
05-05-2006, 02:09 PM
It's an easy set up. Do it after your light days, twice per week.

Leah
05-05-2006, 02:45 PM

p-funk
05-05-2006, 08:46 PM
I don't know what the exact program is but I train total body 3 times a week and then I do rotator work and mobility/felxibility work on inbetween days.

Leah
05-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by p-funk@May 5 2006, 04:46 PM
I don't know what the exact program is but I train total body 3 times a week and then I do rotator work and mobility/felxibility work on inbetween days.
http://www.ruggedmag.com/index.php?type=Article&i=2&a=5

thanks funky ....I think it's too late...I'm :censor: :dry:

p-funk
05-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Leah@May 5 2006, 03:49 PM

thanks funky ....I think it's too late...I'm :censor: :dry:
what is the problem?? why are you :censor: ?

Leah
05-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by p&#045;funk+May 5 2006, 04:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (p-funk @ May 5 2006, 04:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Leah@May 5 2006, 03:49 PM

thanks funky ....I think it&#39;s too late...I&#39;m :censor: :dry:
what is the problem?? why are you :censor: ? [/b][/quote]
I think I&#39;ve pulled a rotator cuff or something ...I want to cry like a girl every time I move :suicide:

btw...don&#39;t think I don&#39;t notice you posting on yet another board :p

p-funk
05-05-2006, 09:20 PM
this is the last board I post on.

here...IM, mindmuscle, body recomp occasionally and marunde muscle...oh, and weightliftingexchange, and that is it, except for joeaverage board sometimes.

hahaha :rolleyes:

have you gone to a doc to see about your shoulder? It hurts only when you put it overhead? :(

Leah
05-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by p&#045;funk@May 5 2006, 05:20 PM

here...IM, mindmuscle, body recomp occasionally and marunde muscle...oh, and weightliftingexchange, and that is it, except for joeaverage board sometimes.

have you gone to a doc to see about your shoulder? It hurts only when you put it overhead? :(
No...it&#39;s just started....it actually feels like rhomboid, or maybe teres major...I can&#39;t tell :mad:...doesn&#39;t hurt to go overhead, my shoulder girdle doesn&#39;t hurt at all...hurts if i twist (like looking over my shoulder to back up in the car) and when I lean over and let my arm hang down...and when I pick something up ....and it hurts just sitting here

where&#39;s my damn girl crying smilie :curse:

p-funk
05-05-2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Leah+May 5 2006, 04:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Leah @ May 5 2006, 04:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-p&#045;funk@May 5 2006, 05:20 PM

No...it&#39;s just started....it actually feels like rhomboid, or maybe teres major...I can&#39;t tell :mad:...doesn&#39;t hurt to go overhead, my shoulder girdle doesn&#39;t hurt at all...hurts if i twist (like looking over my shoulder to back up in the car) and when I lean over and let my arm hang down...and when I pick something up ....and it hurts just sitting here

where&#39;s my damn girl crying smilie :curse: [/b][/quote]
maybe labrum?

have you been icing?

made an appointment with an orthopedist? from what people tell me it can be a bitch to get a doctor&#39;s appointment in canada.

Leah
05-05-2006, 09:39 PM
no icing yet :oops:

p-funk
05-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Leah@May 5 2006, 04:39 PM
no icing yet :oops:
I would defenitly get on icing that, a couple of times a day (2-3) at about 20min clips.

I would rest it a lot&#33; I wouldn&#39;t even think about jumping into a rotator cuff program this quickly. you just need some rest and ice first and see if the problem goes away. A lot of times people get different types of inflamation or even rotator cuff tendonitis and they get this pain and think they need to start, that day, doing rotator cuff exercises.....what they need to do is rest, let the inflamation subside and then get into some corrective exercise measures.

the good thing is that you don&#39;t seem to be targeting the pain to any specific incident. Usually, if something goes, you are going to know it&#33; Like...."man, I was doing push presses and I heard a snap and everythign hurts." ya know.

I would rest and ICE&#33;

Leah
05-05-2006, 10:00 PM
Thanks funky :)....I was gonna rest it...have no choice at the moment :dry: