PDA

View Full Version : DOMS

ladypilot
05-05-2006, 11:36 PM
In the last few weeks, I have finally become brave enough to use the squat rack at the gym. I added them twice per week, and YOWZA! For 3-4 days afterwards, my a$$ and thighs hurt so bad. It sucks to squat over a public toilet! :oops: Is 3-4 days too long for me to have DOMS? Is it possible I am squatting too much weight?

Robben
05-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by ladypilot@May 5 2006, 06:36 PM
In the last few weeks, I have finally become brave enough to use the squat rack at the gym. I added them twice per week, and YOWZA! For 3-4 days afterwards, my a$$ and thighs hurt so bad. It sucks to squat over a public toilet! :oops: Is 3-4 days too long for me to have DOMS? Is it possible I am squatting too much weight?
Nope your not squating to much.... Welcome to shock week... I bet Two handed sitdowns are the calling of the day... Let's face it... It takes work to build a great pair of legs and glutes... Dig in, one rep, one set, one workout at a time...

Sarah
05-06-2006, 01:53 AM
Whenever I change my routine (especially if I don't stretch enough after) I get the worse DOMS. Buy some epsom salt, take a hot bath and soak (i generally use 2 cups/bath tub full), next morning you'll feel a million times better.