PDA

View Full Version : full body workout questions.....

Tearose
05-08-2006, 02:27 AM
ok I saw the sticky and Leah posted an example of a week in the FBW there. Can we do that for more then a week? If so do we need to change the reps and if so how often. I know we will want to change
the exercises up every 4 weeks. I also read an article on T-nation that tells how to set up a full body workout... are we supposed to follow that when setting ours up, or does Thunder like to do his differently then that?

i have only ever doen one type of workout so I have never made one up on my own, this is kind of new to me.. :wacko:

Leah
05-08-2006, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Tearose@May 7 2006, 10:27 PM
ok I saw the sticky and Leah posted an example of a week in the FBW there. Can we do that for more then a week? If so do we need to change the reps and if so how often. I know we will want to change
the exercises up every 4 weeks. I also read an article on T-nation that tells how to set up a full body workout... are we supposed to follow that when setting ours up, or does Thunder like to do his differently then that?

i have only ever doen one type of workout so I have never made one up on my own, this is kind of new to me.. :wacko:
You're not "supposed" to do anything....you can do either, but I'd suggest you do one or the other since it sounds like you're new to it. I'm confused by your first question....typically a program last 4-6 weeks so yes...you'd do it more than a week :unsure: If you go back to the sticky, thunder posted a progress for the program.

Tearose
05-08-2006, 03:53 AM
Thanks leah! So in 4 weeks i can change up the exercises and keep going with the rep/set rotation? Some of these exercises I have never even heard of let alone done... this will be fun...

Leah
05-08-2006, 03:54 AM
Check the exercise sticky's ;)

smuggie
05-08-2006, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Tearose@May 7 2006, 11:53 PM
Thanks leah! So in 4 weeks i can change up the exercises and keep going with the rep/set rotation? Some of these exercises I have never even heard of let alone done... this will be fun...
You could also do the same exercises and change the reps/sets schemes.

Hoochiemomma
05-08-2006, 04:07 PM
I'd like to try this type of workout too - right now I am doing a 4 day split. I do have a question though: day one you are doing 5 sets of 6 reps increasing you weight each time? I think that would be really hard for me unless I start super-light. Or are you supposed to do a weight that you can get six reps before you are tapped out? :confused:

Leah
05-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Hoochiemomma@May 8 2006, 12:07 PM
I'd like to try this type of workout too - right now I am doing a 4 day split. I do have a question though: day one you are doing 5 sets of 6 reps increasing you weight each time? I think that would be really hard for me unless I start super-light. Or are you supposed to do a weight that you can get six reps before you are tapped out? :confused:
For sets of 6....you would choose a weight that you could lift maybe 7-8 times and then stick w/ that weight for all your 5 sets. By the end of all sets you should be struggling to get the last couple of reps in. Remember not to go to failure though.

CraveMuscle
05-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Leah@May 8 2006, 11:53 AM
For sets of 6....you would choose a weight that you could lift maybe 7-8 times and then stick w/ that weight for all your 5 sets. By the end of all sets you should be struggling to get the last couple of reps in. Remember not to go to failure though.
when aiming for 6 reps at the end, I find that my first couple of sets I might be able to get 12 reps, but then by the last set, I'm struggling for 6. do I still stick with that weight for all sets? that seems counterintuitive to me.

Leah
05-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by CraveMuscle@May 8 2006, 01:11 PM
when aiming for 6 reps at the end, I find that my first couple of sets I might be able to get 12 reps, but then by the last set, I'm struggling for 6. do I still stick with that weight for all sets? that seems counterintuitive to me.
That doesn't make sense to me...it's too big a jump. Are you taking it all the way to 12 reps? Because you shouldn't be. You are not maxing out on weight on your first set...hence the suggestion to pick an 8RM weight...but you are certainly not going past your required reps...in this case 6.

Hoochiemomma
05-08-2006, 07:41 PM
I think Craves saying that they feel that they could do 12 reps at the beginning, but that it's too heavy to get 6 reps at the end of 5 sets. If this is true then using a 8 RM weight would be even tougher?

As usual I am likely over-analyzing something that will likely work itself out in the end.