PDA

View Full Version : Hack Squat

Christina
05-08-2006, 06:45 PM
The hack squat at my gym can be used either way. Is one position more effective than the other? I find facing backward I can use more weight, but facing forward the ROM is much more comfortable. Comments, opinions and suggestions appreciated.

Erik
05-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Christina@May 8 2006, 02:45 PM
The hack squat at my gym can be used either way. Is one position more effective than the other? I find facing backward I can use more weight, but facing forward the ROM is much more comfortable. Comments, opinions and suggestions appreciated.
It can?

Christina
05-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Thunder@May 8 2006, 03:34 PM
It can?
Jackson gym has one. If you face forward, you are right back against the padding, backwards, therre is space between your body and the padding, and you have big pads over the shoulders. I know Barton does not have one like this, so I think Jacksons may be older.

p-funk
05-08-2006, 07:43 PM
is it a power squat?

Like the one that they have foor football players, specifically the lineman. Where you can squat with the weight on the front and press foreward, almost at an angle, like coming out of a two point stance.

Christina
05-08-2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by p-funk@May 8 2006, 03:43 PM
is it a power squat?

Like the one that they have foor football players, specifically the lineman. Where you can squat with the weight on the front and press foreward, almost at an angle, like coming out of a two point stance.
Yes this is the same.

p-funk
05-08-2006, 07:55 PM
well....what kind of comments do you want?

Doing it foreward is bad ass. It torches the hams and glutes.

Christina
05-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by p-funk@May 8 2006, 03:55 PM

Well, backward I can get 45's per side, but forward alot less (20 - 25) even though the rom is much smoother for me. Should I then go for it forward, even though the weight is less, get stronger and work my way up, or continue backwards? I feel it alot more in the quads with my back to the pad.

p-funk
05-08-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Christina+May 8 2006, 03:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Christina @ May 8 2006, 03:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-p&#045;funk@May 8 2006, 03:55 PM

Well, backward I can get 45&#39;s per side, but forward alot less (20 - 25) even though the rom is much smoother for me. Should I then go for it forward, even though the weight is less, get stronger and work my way up, or continue backwards? I feel it alot more in the quads with my back to the pad. [/b][/quote]
variety is a good thing. You could work up your weight backwards and then in your next cycle of training, switch it around and go foreward.

the question you are asking is just one of variation...it would be like saying..."what should I do? Front squat? Or back squat?".....Do one, do the other.

Christina
05-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by p&#045;funk+May 8 2006, 04:05 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (p-funk @ May 8 2006, 04:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Christina@May 8 2006, 03:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-p&#045;funk@May 8 2006, 03:55 PM

Doing it foreward is bad ass.* It torches the hams and glutes.
Well, backward I can get 45&#39;s per side, but forward alot less (20 - 25) even though the rom is much smoother for me. Should I then go for it forward, even though the weight is less, get stronger and work my way up, or continue backwards? I feel it alot more in the quads with my back to the pad.
variety is a good thing. You could work up your weight backwards and then in your next cycle of training, switch it around and go foreward.

the question you are asking is just one of variation...it would be like saying..."what should I do? Front squat? Or back squat?".....Do one, do the other. [/b][/quote]
Duly noted, thanks for that. It never occurred to me to just switch it up, while working on getting stronger and increasing weight in both positions.