PDA

View Full Version : If you miss a day

NCfitnessgirl
05-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Would you continue on your program with what was scheduled for the next day, or would you try and make up the workout that you missed?

I missed my lower body workout yesterday. So should I go ahead with my upper body workout scheduled for today (which would mean I would have done 2 upper bodies and 0 lower body workouts this week) or do my lower body today to make it up and ditch the upper body?

FightClubFan
05-11-2006, 04:32 PM
I'm curious to this too. I usually try to make it up on a cardio-only day (and throw an extra workout in for a two-a-ay)...or I make it up on my rest day, depending on how the week is going.

mark
05-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Normally, I would just skip it, not stress and drive on. However, in your case, where you've already missed one lower body this week,I'd ditch the upper and do the lower. If this is something that happens often, I might try to re-evaluate my workout times and try to find another time where you won't be interrupted.

Brandi
05-11-2006, 04:53 PM
What Mark said.

Gidget
05-11-2006, 04:55 PM
In your situation, I would go with the lower body, just because you haven't worked it at all. But normally, if I miss a day, I just try to make it up on my next off day, and keep the other workouts on the usual scheduled day.

smuggie
05-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Gidget@May 11 2006, 12:55 PM
In your situation, I would go with the lower body, just because you haven't worked it at all. But normally, if I miss a day, I just try to make it up on my next off day, and keep the other workouts on the usual scheduled day.
Ditto.

absolut_blonde
05-11-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm in the same boat right now-- coming down with a cold so I'm skipping my lower body workout today. Actually, not skipping it, just pushing it to tomorrow instead. I do an upper/lower split so I figure I should 'catch up' before moving on-- otherwise I'd end up with more upper than lower workouts.

PowerManDL
05-11-2006, 11:30 PM
I'd probably not worry so much about something that's not that big a deal in the long-term anyway.

Leah
05-12-2006, 01:24 AM
I never skip...only postpone :)

edit...I shouldn't say never...sometimes I'll skip a high rep day if I've missed training several days in a row...but if I can't make it to the gym for something one day...I typically do it the next day