PDA

View Full Version : Why am I sore right here?

poke
05-14-2006, 12:06 PM
I did legs on Friday evening, and Saturday I woke up sore only in one small spot on my right leg. It's halfway between my knee and my hip, and on top of the quad but a little to the inside, about the size of half my palm. Only in that spot, and it isn't a knot. What causes that? Why would I not be sore over the entirety of the muscle I used?

Thanks, and sorry if there's a sticky about this!

FloridaKaren
05-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Well, I don't know the answer, but do you think maybe you injured your vastus intermedialis?

http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/MedEd/Gro...mml/mmlregn.htm (http://www.meddean.luc.edu/lumen/MedEd/GrossAnatomy/dissector/mml/mmlregn.htm)

Are you doing anything to treat it? Have you iced it? How would you rate the pain on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being low and 10 being very painful?

What exercises were you doing?

Strive2Define
05-14-2006, 05:58 PM
Does it ache all the time..or just when you touch it?

clsupnorth
05-14-2006, 07:42 PM
I wonder if it's possible that you burst a capillary or small blood vessel under a layer of the muscle.

poke
05-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Vastus intermedialis might be it, but I couldn't be sure. I had already done dumbbell squats, and it was the reverse lunges where I started to feel it. It does feel sore all the time, although I'd give that pain about a 2 (I can just barely feel it) and when I walk or try to use the muscle, it's about a 5. Still not very painful. At least it was, it feels even better this morning. It feels like normal soreness after lifting, just in one small spot! Ah, well. I guess it's going away on its own so I won't worry about it. Thanks for your responses. :)

SPB131
05-15-2006, 03:38 AM
I injured that muscle before and it seemed to take forever until it was better. I kept aggravating and making it worse when I would sprint or do lunges. I finally had to take like a week off and ice seemed to help it. I hope to never hurt again, I feel for you.