fitness

Lean Bodies Fitness Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      perfumes, not chocolate!
      Array

Default Jiggly fat... worse than hard fat?

Something I had to ask in here (feels like the most appropriate forum).

I am feeling so disappointed lately! For years I've been quite overweight, but really very fit at the same time.
      When I started losing weight, the fat I had which used to be really tight, started becoming more fluid and squishy.

While I should be elated about this, as it means that fat is moving away, I'm not so happy at all. Because it made me realize how far I still have to go and meanwhile I'm stuck with a body that actually now looks more Fugly to me than before, when the fat was so much more dense and hard packed and... I made the mistake of confusing that hard packed fat with .... gasp muscle!

Like my quads : they looked way more muscular and now at the wrong point of view are 'thin' when it comes to the muscles with lots of flab.
      Same for the upper arms: again.. the arm looked neat and with compact muscle.. now it's jiggly.

Anyone here who went through the same and what did you do to motivate yourself? Does the excess skin ever go away or do I need to get everything tucked? I know I need a tummy tuck eventually (there's too much excess skin) but how about the legs & arms?
      goals: health, happiness & strength (+ body recomposition)!
      Contrarian and anti-KISS!
      Yvana is trying to give a damn!
      Perfume diet: "The result was not a diet so much as an invasion—the infiltration of perfume into nearly every aspect of my life touched by food."

Array

Question that is a great question !

and I hope someone can shed light on that ... !!

Former Postwhore
      Array

As I diet, I usually go through periods like that. It gets soft, is lost and then it's hard again. After a while the process happens again again again etc....

I've set my mind to know that it usually looks worse b/f it looks better. It IS about the final outcome, right? We are working towards a final goal. The in between times have to be dealt w/ and conquered in order to reach that goal.

Ya Gotta Wanna!
      Array

happens Yvana. Im dealing with a pocket of that right now. Once the fat goes, that skin is gonna sag bigtime.

I'll just have to add more muscle there
      - Coach Ileen

" know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.

YA GOTTA WANNA!

My Journal

Array

Default so ...

Ileen, if the skin does "droop" (sounds better than sag LOL!) ...CAN muscle "fill the spot" ??? ... that is SO where I am in some areas, esp stomach LOL!!!

Ya Gotta Wanna!
      Array

the area in my case, i can work on glutes and I think that will help some.
      - Coach Ileen

" know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.

YA GOTTA WANNA!

My Journal

perfumes, not chocolate!
      Array

For arms & legs I may dream about being able to add some muscle here. Still, it'd take a large amount of muscle to fill up the spaces.
      For abs or the inner thigh area ? . I'd better start saving then.
      What areas do people get 'tucked' apart from the abs? I never hear about triceps or thigh fat.
      Perfume diet: "The result was not a diet so much as an invasion—the infiltration of perfume into nearly every aspect of my life touched by food."

Ya Gotta Wanna!
      Array

people can and do get arm and leg tucks.. the scaring is more obvious then say a tuck. YOu can do a full tuck al around tuck which goes around the WHOLE body..
      - Coach Ileen

YA GOTTA WANNA!

My Journal

Array

I used to be 55 lbs overweight until 17 yrs old. I lost the weight but still have loose skin on my abs and inner thighs. It didn't tighten up completely even as I got lean for my shows last year. I have to really suck my stomach in and stand up tall in order for my abs to look decent.
      "Whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." 1 COR 10:31

perfumes, not chocolate!
      Array

My legs only got jiggly about a year ago once bf% dropped below 28-30%. I'm now at 25% and more looking forwards to 20-ish% than I'd anticipated.
      Is my assumption right that some of the skin may still tighten up, provided I lose the fat slowly?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast