Almonds vs Peanuts?

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by gymgurl, Aug 16, 2007.

1. gymgurl

gymgurl Member

Is one a much better nut to be consuming or are both pretty much equally good?

And how bad exactly would Hickory Smoke Almonds be? :p ....they are addicting little suckers.

2. strongchick

strongchick Well-Known Member

look at the macros. Did they add any sugar?

The protein/fat ratio is different for almonds vs peanuts and the type of fat is slightly different. But really whatever you like.

3. ladybug

ladybug Member

almonds!!!! they are :yum: and walnuts

and pecans

and hazelnuts

and brazil nuts

and soy nuts

and peanuts :lol:

but seriously, they all have slightly different fat : protein ratios and fiber content, so look at the macros

4. gymgurl

gymgurl Member

Okay, I'll have a look at it then. I did a little before and i noticed peanuts were slightly higher in protein than almonds but I didn't look too much into the types of fats. I prefer the taste of peanuts much more though... unless it's chocolate covered almonds... or the hickory smoke. yum yum.

5. hester

hester Guest

Good question! I like tamari almonds and soynuts. How about these? The tamari adds a nice salty flavor to the nut that I just love and admittedly 125 mg of sodium (for 1 oz nuts). Thanks!

6. Mols

Mols My BFF

almond butter over peanut any day....mmmmm:yayconfetti:

7. jlb001

jlb001 www.fitweardesigns.com

almonds

8. Espi

Espi perfumes, not chocolate!

Soy & paeanut are both legumes. Peanuts are very well known for their allergy. Also, peanuts won't have as much of the 'good' fats I guess.
    Other than that, just take the amt of nuts your plan allows for.

9. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

Almonds!! mmmmmmmmmmmm.. Almond Butter!! mmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!

10. Ooopsey

Ooopsey Lock it up

I hate this thread.

:jk: I'm just bitter because I can't eat almonds or walnuts anymore. I developed a sensitivity to it or something. It tears up my tummy :sad:. I can still do PB though!