Any one miss 'Normal' food

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by MichelleS, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

I'm about to eat normal food. Just thought I'd share that. :lol:

2. ladybug

ladybug Member

who determined what "normal" was? normal for me is not the same as my husband or sister or you or anyone else? We all have different personal tastes. And when did "normal" food become things like Lucky Charms? is the way most Americans eat really normal? you are letting food mind f**k you right now.

as everyone has said, work the foods you want into your macros and you can have whatever you want without feeling so constrained and resigned to chicken and green beans.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PowerManDL

PowerManDL Banned

Either one. Unless you're crazy high BF% it's not gonna make a huge difference. I usually default to the total weight number.

4. Cass

Cass Well-Known Member

:yeahthat:

My plan includes two glasses. :shhh:

5. JGWright

JGWright Senior Member

I like pancakes.

6. bubblebooty

bubblebooty Ms. Figure Olympia, 2025

i like your plan. :shhh:

7. rogmel

rogmel back in the game!

hey, have you invented the "clean chicken" martini yet???

• Like Like x 1
  8. shelle

shelle Gettin' My Body BACK!

9. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

Hey Michelle,
    There are plenty of responses on here, but I thought I'd give my two cents...
    I have dieted basically for the past 10 years. I had never taken a complete break. Yes I had cheats, and starting a year ago I did start to have mini binges. I wouldn't call them huge, but I would go overboard in my own terms. Anyway, I noticed my willpower getting weaker and weaker and I was wanting things that I normally would not even care to have.
    What I needed was a complete break. Not a binge, not a cheat, but one or two weeks of no counting, no calclualting.
    When Erik told me prior to signing up I needed to go to maintenance I knew I needed to take advantage. NowI amnot gonna lie, the first day or 2 I did eat more then my maintenance amount and I cleared my plate every time, but after a couple days I started to know when I was full and when it was okay not to order dessert (we were on a cruise).
    This was the best thing I could have done. For one, it got the want to eat "dirty" out of my system- no depreivation. Two, it made me miss the way I felt when eating clean. I missed the energy and the way I felt mentally.
    DId I gain a little bit of weight? yes but I think taking the break outweighed the weight gain.
    When I started my plan I was refreshed and eager to eat clean.
    Do I still have cravings? Hell yeah!! But I work it into my macros for PWO. You say you are craving lucky charms...eat it PWO.
    Hang in there- hope this helps you a little.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  10. kelster

kelster ...

yes please and thank you :girly:

hahah!

11. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

okay so today i decided to just count things up and make it fit. i had Sf choclate milk with a little bit of pp mixed in with wheat toast. lunch was rice and chicken :D i hope i can get this out of system and feel better about food.

12. Audrey

Audrey Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I think the term “normal foods” is very relative. I personally grew up eating lean proteins, eggs, fish, veggies, fruit… and for me, “normal” would be eating these types of foods. And I don’t see anything abnormal about eating these foods.

What I do think is not normal/balanced though is the way your diet is set-up. There is NO reason to restrict yourself to just chicken and green beans for the sake of preparing for a show. It is just not necessary and it doesn’t surprise me you are bored with food then. Are you eating any carbs at all? Any fat? Red meat?

And as the others pointed out, it is totally possible to work some ‘fun foods’ in your macros for the day. You just have to make sure you know how to control yourself and not go on a binge.

However, from reading some of your posts that you wrote in the past, it seems to me that the issue is not just restrictive diet and contest prep. You seem to have deeper issues such as binging, low self-esteem/body-image issues, and no matter how bad you would like to compete, you have to realize that these issues are bound to re-surface/worsen as the contest prep goes on. At that point, you have to make an honest evaluation of whether feeling miserable is worth the desire to step on that stage one day.

• Like Like x 3
  13. MichelleS

maybe my idea of 'normal' is different form others yeah lean portien is in that but i would love to pick up a rachel ray mag and make the recipes in there without having to alter them to make them 'fit' in to the 'clean' diets like others eat on this board. I LOVE food. what can i say i grew up eating lots of chicken, extra lean beef and lean pork. nothing very fatty i just miss the flavors of 'homecooking' i just cant seem to make it fit in to my diet they way i want.

14. BSNJunkie

BSNJunkie Bleeds Purple

I want wine on my plan,,or vodka.

15. MichelleS

this would make me lose weight like a mad woman. :shakeithappy:

16. BSNJunkie

BSNJunkie Bleeds Purple

Stoli vanilla and diet coke :yum:

17. sunny

sunny Member

Dear Michelle,
    I feel for you. :hug: :kiss:

It might be hard to stick with a plan, when one is constantly reminding herself that she'd get so much pleasure from eating foods not included in the plan.

Two contradicting messages:
    that one will benefit from the plan in the long run, and
    that one is missing something by sticking with the plan.

Living is easy when one only believes in one of these messages, not in both. :love81:
    Best of luck with your prep!

• Like Like x 1
  18. shelle

shelle Gettin' My Body BACK!

Normal for us at home was Hamburger Helper, frozen pizza, mac and cheese, meat/potato and veggies out of a can. We also had dessert with every meal.

I think that would be why i have such issues with sugar and "bad" food. I have systemic candida and much of the reading i've seen about breast cancer or cancer in general is linked to sugar. After all, the PET scans for cancer use a glucose seeking agent because cancer uses glucose about 2X faster than a normal cell.

Sorry, totally off topic. But food for thought...:whistling:

19. Cass

Cass Well-Known Member

My plan rocks. I have both.

Did I mention Tequila? :unsure:

20. kelster

kelster ...

:drool:

another reason i :love: u!!!!!!