Anyone been to Whistler B.C. during holidays?

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Michael_70, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Michael_70

Michael_70 Learning to Live Again

Just curious if anyone has been to Whistler B.C. during the Christmas holiday..?

Good time to go?

I was thinking of going and doing some Skiing and Snowmobiling etc..

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
  2. jrb1980

jrb1980 Well-Known Member

Yep, been there a million times and once or twice over x-mas holidays - never actually on Christmas day though. We always say it's Canada's disneyland.

It's an amazing place to ski - really nothing like it in the world. It does get busy on holidays though but if you are good you won't notice it because it's not as busy high up. The moutain is HUGE though so there is always something new to explore - and it's very beautiful.

I have never snowmobiled but know people who have. All in all, do it!

3. Dreamer

Dreamer Member

I went on vacations around Christmas time in Whistler once. I absolutey loved it. It's the best place, after Lake Louise, to do snowboard. Sure there will be a lot of people from U.S. but I think if you plan well your activities, you can have a lot of fun.

4. absolut_blonde

absolut_blonde Procrastinatrix

I haven't been there in a long time, but it's a really neat place.

It'll probably be busy (and pricey) during the holidays, but I think it would make a great way to spend break.

5. Michael_70

Michael_70 Learning to Live Again

Thanks for the replys everyone. I'll check more into it..looks like it would be a fun trip.

6. Hoochiemomma

Hoochiemomma Member

Yup

We used to go oftern during the holidays, but these days we take our family to a smaller & more affordable mountain.

We are going in early November this year for a little R&R and to celebrate a milestone birthday. I'm really looking forward to it.