baby moving?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Pregnancy' started by dare, Dec 12, 2006.

1. dare

dare I'm not fat...I'm pregnant!

I am 17weeks now, and I have read that you could possibly start feeling the baby move.

For the past couple of days, every once in a while, I have felt this weird feeling in my abdomen....I am not sure if it is the baby or not as I am not sure exactly where the baby is "located" right now, or if this feeling is in the right vicinity?
    I have read that the baby's movements can feel like 'fluttering'...and this is exactly what it feels like, and I can feel it in the VERY lower part of my belly....could this be the baby??? Sometimes I think that it is way to low to be the baby...maybe it's just my muscles twitching? I don't know ! lol

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Could very well be!

How exciting. It will happen more and more and get stronger and stronger.

3. Blondell

Blondell Former Postwhore

Sounds like the baby moving to me. Start to put your hand down there when you have that feeling. You'll be amazed at some of the things you'll feel AND at how strong lil one can be while still so small. :)

4. KatieB

KatieB Fake It Until You Make It

It will be more obvious before you know it, but it certainly sounds like baby movement to me!!!

(Those little kicks can start to hurt towards the end lol.)

5. colo1278

colo1278 I'm growing a person!

lucky!! I am 19 weeks and have still not felt anything. I thought maybe last night, but it was just for a split second, so I couldn't confirm... I have heard the "fluttering" you described is exactly what it feels like at first.

my doc said 1st time moms usually can't be sure until 20 or even 22 weeks along...

6. Christine_99

Christine_99 Well-Known Member

Absolutely! 17 weeks with my 1st I felt my little guy. It felt like twitching - like when you get a twitch in your eye. :lol3: I should add that I only have one child.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
  7. homeschoolmom

homeschoolmom Well-Known Member

Sounds like movement to me!:thumb:

Congrats!

8. MicheleSC

MicheleSC Currently doing nothing

Sounds like you are feeling the baby! I didn't feel my first until 20 weeks and my second it was later than that although 'they' say you can feel it sooner with subsequent babies. It's pretty cool, isn't it??!!

9. GraceGirl

GraceGirl His Beautiful Paradox

I agree with the above posters...it definitely sounds just like baby movement, especially if it's distinctly different then how you feel when have gas or a muscle spasm. I was around 17-18 weeks when I started feeling my son.

10. Lydia

Lydia I love global warming

A friend of mine was very lean when she got pregnant (and remained so) so when her little guy kicked or punched you could see the elbows and knees pushing out the skin of her stomach...it was borderline creepy! She called him her little alien!

11. liberty

liberty Active Member

I have very little ab fat (don't look at my legs:shock: ) and I was able to really see elbows and bottoms of feet. We video taped it cause it was kinda creepy.
    C

• Like Like x 1