Bison

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Pinky, May 12, 2006.

1. Pinky

Pinky MIA

Really? I can find ground bison meat at Co-op all the time :blink:
    The Moose Meat and Elk and Deer is usually like when someone goes hunting and wants to give some away to be friendly.

I've also seen the Bison at IGA too.

It looks just like ground beef so you really have to read the labels carefully, or to save time and just get to the bottom of the matter ask someone in the Meat Department...

I live in a small rural town, so maybe the local stores have some type of deal with the surrounding bison ranchers etc...
    (sorry for all the "edits" I just can't spell today!) [/b][/quote]
    I live in Sherwood Park/Edmonton, I haven't seen a Co-op here in forever! And most of the IGA's are now Sobey's. There are a few IGA's left, and now that I think about it, I seem to recall being told that one of them sold bison. Gonna have to check it out, it is no where near me, but I may have to make a trip... Thanks

2. jrb1980

jrb1980 Well-Known Member

...lol...i grew up in swift current. :lol:

3. smuggie

smuggie Maureen aka Mo

I picked up some bison at my local supermarket last summer.

It's extremely lean and doesn't taste gamey at all.

4. northernstar

northernstar Member

Moose meat is delicious. I haven't had it since I moved to Ontario... not a lot of moose in the area to hunt! I've only ever had moose that was hunted by friends.

5. DeeDee

DeeDee Member

Up in the northern end of Ontario there's alot of wild game. My brother gets a moose every fall, so I always get some good cuts to stock my freezer with! :)
    Partridge meat is also really good, alot like chicken.