break up

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by ImInNarnia, Feb 8, 2007.

1. ImInNarnia

ImInNarnia Member

So i broke up with my bf of almost a year this week, mostly becaseu i didnt feel we had a strong enough connection for the seriousness of the relationship. Suprise suprise for those who know my history, casue I also felt like i wanted a non-monogamous relationship. We also had a MAJOR fight once a month, which is too much for me. Breaking up with him ment completly removing him from my life...he isnt okay with seeing me, talking to me, or anything for what sounds like ever again.

I met a guy online who has a ton of things in common with me, we had, um, phone relations a few times, and he just told me that he thinks things are getting serious with a girl, whom as of a week ago, he was causally dating and didnt see anything happening with.

I miss my ex. Im starting to ignore all the reasons i broke up with him and i can only think about the good times and how much i miss him. Even if we did resolve our issues, i dont see how i can resolve how i feel towards strictly one on one relationships.

I guess im just in a typical break up funk. this blows.

2. colo1278

colo1278 I'm growing a person!

sorry to hear you're having a hard time... I am confused though. You just broke up with someone this week, but have already met a guy online and had phone sex with him a few times? Or is that the non-monogamous part you were referring to and you were seeing the one guy for a year while also "seeing" the online guy?

I guess the best advice is just to try to remind yourself of why you and your ex broke up- things end for a reason. Everyone I have ever broken up with in the past are now all distant memories and more often than not, the more time that passes, the harder it becomes to remember the GOOD stuff actually. Especially once I met my husband.

My husband and I fight sometimes more that I would like, but I know in the end I am meant to be with him and love him dearly. We would have left eachother by now for sure if there wasn't that foundation of love, trust, respect and wanting the same things in life.

One of my favorite love quotes is: "Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction."
    - Antoine De Saint-Exupery

I think if two people do not truly have the same goals, hopes, dreams, outlook, etc, it will be difficult to have much success and happiness together.

Good luck- hope you feel better. :hug:

3. KatieB

KatieB Fake It Until You Make It

I think that if you come to a point where you can honestly consider ending a relationship, it's probably already over...

I'm sorry you're having a rough time -- sending hugs and good vibes your way tonight.

4. ImInNarnia

ImInNarnia Member

well, it was a very drawn out break up process. Ive only been talkign to this online guy for about a week now, i guess he was a source of distraction.

5. demille

demille Feeling lost....

I think it's normal to feel lonely after breaking up with someone, and to miss them. But sounds like it wasn't going to work out, so now you just move on. Of course it will take some time to stop thinking about him.

6. DarkAnimal73

DarkAnimal73 I pity Da Fools

:hug:

like deja vu all over again

7. Jeff Rage

Jeff Rage Es Est Laichzeit!

8. yummy

yummy Auntie Yummy

is this the same boxing guy?

why do couples always break up near valentine's day? :shrug:

9. yummy

yummy Auntie Yummy

is this the same boxing guy?

why do couples always break up near valentine's day? :shrug:

10. Ruthie

Ruthie Active Member

press through and get on with life--if you guys are meant to be together it will happen--sounds like with the fighting you had you two need a break anyway-breaks can help all kinds of relationship issues

key is to work on yourself-you attract what you are-if you are looking for certain traits or values-make sure you are operating in those yourself-honestly I don' t think phone sex is the way to go about having the kind of relationship you seem to want . sounds immature-especially with someone you just met online a week ago-sorry to say that but just trying to help-sex can ruin a relationship-a relationship should be built on friendship first becuase if the foundation of friendship is not there-you have nothing real that can last.

good luck-

11. strongchick

strongchick Well-Known Member

Less jewlery to buy.

Hugs. It will take time, but just keep telling yourself you did the right thing for yourself.

12. Miker

Miker I am a Pillow Pants.

You won't like this.. it's not meant to sound mean...

suck it up.. and move on. Life's too short to sit around lamenting about how rough you have it. Get out there and live your life instead of wallowing in it.

13. yummy

yummy Auntie Yummy

so your telling me i should stop telling guys i love diamonds :wavesad:

14. Ruthie

Ruthie Active Member

Hey MikeR-your new picture is very nice-!!

15. Forged

Forged See No Member

You wanted non-monogamous. Go out there and spread 'em.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jared

Jared I would like some cheese.

See, Forged does agree with my dating advice. :funny:

17. Marcelo

Marcelo 20lbs light

Is this the same guy that said it's harder for tall guys to lift because they have a longer range of motion or some crap like that?!?

18. yummy

yummy Auntie Yummy

HAHAH good times, good times :popcorn:

19. Miker

Miker I am a Pillow Pants.

and the problem with the statement that tall guys must do more work than short guys is? I can guarantee you I have to expend more energy to squat 225 lbs than my good 5'2" buddy... since I'm a good foot taller.

20. freckles

freckles Senior Member

Awww poor you :crying:

:lol3: