chicken in the crockpot

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by 3sweeties, Aug 13, 2014.

1. 3sweeties

3sweeties Well-Known Member

Mine has been tough lately. Help! I usually put frozen breast in with some seasoning and leave it about 8 hours.

2. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I'm no help. Have you changed where you are buying the chicken?

3. MissyG

MissyG Member

Maybe cooking to long? I think I do 6 hours on low...

4. 3sweeties

Maybe I am cooking it to long. Sometimes it is nice and tender but lately it is tough... I buy my chicken at the same place regularly.

5. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Sorry Im not ahelp, I dont crock pot my chicken.

6. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

I always cook mine in the slow-cooker, but I let them thaw in the fridge first. Then just 3-4 hours is all it takes to get them done in the slow cooker.

7. OneMadMonkey

OneMadMonkey Well-Known Member

If they are frozen, I do 8 hours on low. If they are defrosted, I do 5-6 hours on low. I never go higher than that.

8. 3sweeties

Thanks guys for the input.

9. DawnM

DawnM New Member

I put my chicken on low (thawed) in the crock pot right before I go to bed. It cooks all night long, and in the morning I weigh it out into serving size ziplock bags and immediately freeze. I take them out of the freezer as needed and I think because I freeze it with all the moisture, the chicken comes out super moist and delish over rice, couscous, or whatever is in your plan. For me that is the ultimate in bulk cooking.