Chicken Mushroom Quesadillas

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Pandora, May 7, 2006.

1. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

You guys are going to love me.

Chicken Mushroom Quesadillas
    Serves 4.

Ingredients
    3 tbsp olive oil
    10 ounces sliced mushrooms
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
    4 (10-inch) flour tortillas (low carb tortillas work great, Mission brand is best)
    2 cups grated Monterey jack cheese
    1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
    8 oz shredded, cooked chicken breast (season with chili powder, lime, other spices to taste)

Optional garnishes: Light sour cream, salsa, diced tomato and red onion.

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum
    foil.

Shred and cook chicken breast and set aside. (You may use chili powder, lime or any other spices you wish)

Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, shake the pan to distribute them evenly in the pan, and then cook without moving until the mushrooms begin to brown, about 5 minutes.

Add the remaining tablespoon olive oil along the sides of the pan if the pan seems very dry. Toss the mushrooms, and continue to cook until nicely browned, about
    2 to 3 minutes more. Season mushrooms with the chili powder and salt and cook 1 minute more.

Stir in the cilantro and set aside.

Use the non-stick pan you used for the mushrooms to toast the tortillas, turning occasionally until slightly blistered on each side.

Place the tortillas on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the jack cheese on only one half of each tortilla, top with some of the mushrooms and 2 oz shredded chicken, and then sprinkle with the feta. Fold the other half of the tortilla over the filling, to make a half moon shape. Lay another sheet of foil over the quesadillas. Bake
    until the cheese melts, about 12 minutes. Garnish as desired.

2. Lyn

Lyn 2nd String Bench Warmer

Pandora, this sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

3. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

I made these and I used PAM to cook the mushrooms and not the olive oil. I added only 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan to brown the tortillas on, So, that would reduce the fat a good bit.