Creatine/Beta Alanine stack

Discussion in 'Diet, Nutrition and Supplements' started by Patricia, Jul 9, 2009.

1. patriciaann

patriciaann Active Member

OK I decided to try this. Gotta say I really don't like the weird pins-and-needles feeling. I am at least glad I knew about it before I tried it. Right now I am trying to figure out how you know if this is working?
    Should you periodically do a 1 RM for a chest press or a squat or do you base it on body measurements? And I guess my last question is is everyone a beta-alanine responder? or can you be a non-responder?
    Thanks

2. toese

toese Lovin running in 2 day relays

The only reaction I get is it makes my ass itch. Seriously, I don't know why it effects my booty so much. I feel like I have to scratch like a monkey

3. Anca

Anca Well-Known Member

I actually threw up the first time I took Beta-Alanine. And got all red and tingly (and worried :lol:). I dropped my dosage down from 4 g to 2 g for a couple of days; then 3 g; then 4 g. My body got used to it- I still have tingles but just a little (not enough to bother me).
    I did notice that if I stop taking it for a while (such as this last week when we were moving and my supps were packed away) I need to ease back into it again until I get used to it.

4. Erik

Erik Admin

Scale back your dosage a bit.

Gym performance.

No. A 1-RM test wouldn't tell you that. Carnosine acts like a fatigue buffer of sorts, so it will help with performance later in a set/workout. There's no fatigue with single reps. It keeps pH in operable ranges.

it helps you 'keep going' during a set because your ability to generate contractions isn't impaired by a drop in pH as soon as it normally would without a buffer acting. So maybe you can get a few extra reps with a given weight than you normally would have been able.

5. patriciaann

patriciaann Active Member

Thank you! I will scale back - good idea! - and watch my reps to see if this stuff works.

6. LifeLova

LifeLova Under construction

Are you guys still doing this stack? I was wondering how many of you still take the stuff that was talked about a long time ago... or do you take breaks from it?

I still have this stack but I'm considering to finish it up and take it as a pre & post workout mix.

7. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna! Moderator

Tried it for a bit. Like most supplements didn't feel it was doing much of anything.

8. LifeLova

LifeLova Under construction

Thanks Ileen! I may go back to it just to finish what I have.

9. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

:bump:
    I am thinking of switching my creatine from sizeon precontest (that i love) to something with fewer cals just for a change up. So my question is this.. I know that creatine has positive studies on monohyrate, but is there any new research on the newer formulas or is it all just hype. I already get BA in my multi, but the creatine that i am considering switching to has it also, so would i switch multis or can you get too much BA? BA doesn't bother me, i actually like it. And at this point i have been taking creatine on training days only, is that right? It seems to be working for me. I was thinking maybe this one, but I don't really care about all of the arganine crap ect...

40 Servings Blue Raspberry
    Serving Size1Scoop(17g)
    Servings Per Container40
    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    Calories 14
    Fat 0g 0%
    Saturated Fat 0g
    + Trans 0g
    Carbohydrates 2.5g <1%
    Sugars (Organic Cane) 2g
    Protein 1g 2%
    Muscle Expansion Amplifiers™ 5,115mg †
    Beta-Alanine
    Betaine
    Glynostemma Pentaphyllum (95% Gypenosides)
    L-Norvaline Ethyl Ester
    Ornithine Ethyl Ester HCL
    Ornithine AKG
    L-Taurine
    L-Taurine Ethyl Ester
    L-Histidine
    L-Leucine Alpha Ketoisocaproic Calcium
    L-Leucine Ethyl Ester
    L-Isoleucine Ethyl Ester
    L-Valine Ethyl Ester

Perpetuating Pump Complex™ 3,510mg †
    Arginine Ethyl Ester
    Arginine AKG
    Arginine HCL
    Arginine Decanoate
    Arginine Ketoisocaproate
    L-Citrulline AKG 2:1
    L-Glycine
    Red Wine Extract
    Grapeseed Extract
    Suspended Hardening Blend™ 3,000mg †
    Creatine Ethyl Ester
    Tri-Creatine Malate
    Creatine Pyruvate
    Creatine Orotate
    Creatine Decanoate

Serum Hyper-Exertion Mix™ 400mg †
    Guarana Extract
    Caffeine Anhydrous
    Green Tea Leaf
    Grapefruit Extract
    L-Tyrosine
    Kola Nut
    Insulin Support Matrix™ 50mg †
    K-R-Alpha-Lipoic Acid
    R-Alpha-Lipoic Acid
    Alpha Lipoic Acid
    Gymnema Sylvestre
    Bilberry

10. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

I have taken creatine off and on, and actually just started taking again. I just take a plain ole creatine monohydrate...cheap, and I just add it to my pwo shake (or in my case ice cream :p ). I don't see the point in taking anything with added calories just to get creatine

edit, I just reread this and realize that this is a preworkout supplement?

I guess if you need a preworkout supp, you could use that, or you can use whatever you do like for preworkout and add the creatine seperately.

As far as types of creatine, as far as I know creatine monohydrate is still the one most recommend

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  11. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

I take sp max as a pre and i won't be switching, i know it has a little bit of creatine in it, but not enough. It also supplies taurine and tyrosene, but again prob not the recommened in the first of this thread. I hate supp labels hiding amounts in "proprietary blends" hard to know what your getting. I like creatine though so I need to figure it out. No tummy issues with the monohydrate for you? I won't be doing the one I originally listed, because I don't want the caffiene. Over looked that before. its a pre and post one scoop each.

12. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

adding that most of the cals come from protein in the precontest, and Amy just shaves a little off my day to make up for it. I think Im to the point now that I would rather have the food though even though its a small amount.

13. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

May get enough with this and the sp max?

Serving Size1Scoop(10.4grams)
    Servings Per Container40
    Amount Per Serving % DV*
    Calories 0
    Calories From Fat 0
    Magnesium 350mg 88%
    Magnesium Creatine Chelate 2500mg †
    2CM™ Dicreatine Malate 2500mg †
    Betaine Anhydrous 2500mg †
    L-Taurine 2000mg †
    L-Tyrosine 500mg †
    * Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
    † Daily Value not est

14. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

I personally would just use a creatine monohydrate. I use whatever is cheap, I think right now I'm using one by Iron Tek. However, I have also used Prolab. I think Optimum makes one also.

I have not had any tummy issues or anything at all.

15. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

Ok I'm not saying this right... Lol.. I want to do the stack on page 1. So I want the BA, tyrosine, and taurine. I'm hoping I can find something with enough in it that I don't have to buy each seperate. Sp max has 1.5 g creating so I need a little more and I get 3g BA from my multi daily. I know I get some tyrosine and taurine from sp but idk how much. Lol. That's why I asked if the other forms of creating were any good, because most blends that have these ingredients use the other forms

16. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

LOL! Sorry. I don't take anything else. I don't even do a PreWO. So I guess I'm not best to answer this! I've done stuff to increase NO in the past. LTyrosine with LArginine and various combos and supps. As well as PreWo supps. I just can't say they do anything really...

Maybe someone else has more input?

I guess with what you want, your second supp would work, I just personally wouldn't want creatine monohydrate over the creatine that is in that is all.

17. stephm2010

stephm2010 In Motion

How would you reduce?

18. fluteangel

fluteangel Well-Known Member

Have not been able to find a lot of information on the Tyrosine and Taurine dosages - would those also be scaled back or kept the same?