Dating Question..

Discussion in 'Mindless Banter' started by Michael_70, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Michael_70

Michael_70 Learning to Live Again

Ok, I met this woman a few weeks ago..we have had two awesome dates..she asked me to hang over the 4th and go out of town with her. We booked a great resort for two nights. From what she says she's really into me and wants to give the friendship a shot.

My question is this..do I continue to see other people (not sex..just general dating) or do I kind of put those on hold and focus on this one person.

Note, she lives three hours south of me so I don't know if she is seeing others either. I'd ask but I'd rather talk in person vs. on the phone about this but I don't see her until the weekend of the 4th next.

I dont' want to sound like a player here..tried that before..sucked at it.. :suicide:

2. fitnesschick

fitnesschick Member

i think it's entirely up to you. maybe ask her what her thoughts are at this point in time and go from there? if you don't want to ask her then just decide what you feel most comfortable with at this point in time.

on the other hand, as a woman it would probably freak me out if a guy wanted to be exclusive after knowing someone a few weeks too. maybe it's best you decide what you want to do for now until you know her a little bit longer.

3. Michael_70

Thanks for the reply..I'll give it some thought.

4. jaleena

jaleena Banned

On the other hand, I'd be pretty offended if a guy were dating other people and me. If he knew me well enough to remember how to spell my name, he would know me well enough to know I don't just date people (and certainly not share a room with someone) because it sounds fun...I'd only do that because I thought it would go somewhere. And I think it's important a guy figure out my name sooner rather than later, too.

5. Michael_70

Thanks for the insight and honesty. I think you hit the nail on the head for me..and that's to go with my own gut feel for this which is to just focus on her. The two dates we've been on have been wonderful and this is something I don't want to throw away as I don't find great connections often. And if it does not work out..then I can start over.

Like I said, from her phone calls and email's I think she is sincere about her feelings.

Thx.

6. cm13cm

cm13cm Member

the 4th is only a few weeks away. why risk it if you really like her. just hold off till you have a chance to talk in person

7. Meadows

Meadows misses her dad

I would think that if you haven't had "the talk" your fine to go on other dates. IMO, two dates doesn't warrant a commitment. However, if you really like her and see it going somewhere, do you really need to date anyone else?

I don't think dating multiple people makes you a player, unless your being sneaky and lying about it.

:)

8. PowerManDL

PowerManDL Banned

hahahahhahahahhahahhahahhaha

9. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

PMDL - always bitter aren't you.. :)

10. Chelsinator

Chelsinator Ummm...what the hell?? lol

Best advice giver ever though. Made me snap the hell out of it when I was being a stupid cunt about the dating game.

11. Michael_70

Well, thanks everyone..I'll take this one day at a time and with a grain of salt...

Thx PMDL.. :D

12. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

Dating sucks - that is all.

13. Forged

Forged See No Member

Keep your legs closed.

14. Christine_99

Christine_99 Well-Known Member

Hey Forged. Long time no see :hi:

15. Meadows

Meadows misses her dad

thats probably the soundest advice of all :lol:

16. quickie

quickie Active Member

:funny:

17. quickie

quickie Active Member

I think he's a guy though. :lol: :uuhh:

18. Sarah

Sarah Well-Known Member

keep your fly zipped?

19. Fet

Fet The FAT Fet lady's singing....

I always assume that, until we have had "the talk" that we are free to see other people. However, being "free to see other people" does not mean that I will. If I'm happy with what I have in my life at that moment, I may choose to not date other people - not because he and I have an "agreement", but simply because I'm really happy with what I have.

20. nikegurl

nikegurl Mindi O'Brien in my avi. :)

i should schedule an appointment. :unsure: i might need several. i'm guilty of being stupidly slow in snapping the hell out of it. :oops: