Dry Skin Help!

Discussion in 'Health & Beauty' started by Amy, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Amy

Amy Just say no to CANDY!!!

My face has been even more dry than usual. I coat it with lotion but wanting to know your favorites. PLEASE :kiss:

Post up!! :D

2. Inatic

Inatic Ya Gotta Wanna!

i just use coconut oil.

3. Amy

Maybe I should try that!

4. Erik

Erik Admin

Increase EFA intake.

5. Scarl3tbutt3rfly

Scarl3tbutt3rfly Motivated and ready!!

I think this and water has been my biggest combatant on dry skin! I have crazy combo skin, dry and oily!

I actually like Oil of Olay! LMAO!!!

6. Amy

Maybe I need more since I am still breast feeding some?

I take my usual 6 fish oils and I have been getting my water in.

Hmmm

7. Erik

Erik Admin

Add flax oil maybe.

8. hoopinjenn

hoopinjenn The Penis Genius

:yeahthat:

coconut oil with evoo and or castor oil or grapeseed oil, best thang eva! I have oily skin that gets dry and flaky in certain areas but the coconut oil absorbs so well that I never feel greasy. I mix it with the castor or evoo to wash my face, rub it into the skin then put a steaming washcloth over your face and let cool, resteam the cloth and put it back on your face, I do that 3-4 times and then with the cloth warmed I gently in a circular motion exfoliate the skin and remove the excess oil and released dirt from my poors. It's seriously awesome but can be time consuming, and you may only need to do that wash 1-2times a week :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. K8TYE

K8TYE Member

Coconut oil or Jojoba oil!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rinn

Rinn New Member

Within a week or two of upping my healthy fat intake I almost don't even need to use lotion on my face, and it gets nasty cold and windy up here in the winter....

11. pavermama

pavermama Rut Row!

Emu oil is good too!

12. MrsTish

MrsTish Member

I am almost 40 and after my last child 2 1/2 years ago I had those same issues along with oily. I have since found Murad the green line for hormonal skin....LUV....looks great and makes my skin luminous even without makeup on :)

13. mcv

mcv Blissfully Maintaining

Creme de la Mer. Pricey but awesome.

14. mackie

mackie With my hero, Brigitte Gabriel

I like Hempz (original) for head-to-toe, including face:
    [​IMG]

And for face only when I want something a little lighter:
    [​IMG]

For cleansing, I like any of these three products. They're all-in-one makeup remover/cleanser. Very gentle and non-drying. Plus, I figure if its gentle enough to use on the eyes, its gentle enough for my whole face (many other cleansers say to avoid the eye area):
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

15. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

I need to try coconut oil I guess....for the past couple months skin has been sooo dry- I have tried everything the ladies is cosmetics rec for face creams with no luck!

16. Shekerr

Shekerr New Member

Arbonne is the bomb for skin problems...plant oils only, I use to use burt's bees till i found this.

17. mackie

I had posted a while back that I like 3 different all-in-one cleanser/makeup remover products by Neutrogena.... and that they're "gentle and non drying". But I have an update. I had been using these products for a long time. But since I've been using Retin-A, my skin is now more sensitive and dry.

My first several weeks on Retin A, I used this one. It was great. Non-irritating, non-drying and compatible with the Retin.
    [​IMG]

About a week ago, I ran out and replaced it with this one. "Natural" or not, it feels very irritating and drying. I don't want to keep using it. I just read some reviews, where someone else mentioned that she found it irritating too:
    [​IMG]

So tomorrow, I'm going to pick up another bottle of the "Fresh Foaming Cleanser makeup remover" (blue bottle) to use at night only. Then for mornings, after gym, before work, etc.., I'm going to try this one. Its a non-foaming cream cleanser. I've heard that its uber gentle:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  18. Algernon

Algernon New Member

Coconut oil .....

19. kathyjoyce

kathyjoyce New Member

If you have dry skin try drinking plenty of water. If you get dehydrated your skin will feel dry. Drinking water can make your skin glow and you will feel energised as well. Aim to drink about 1 and a half litres a day and more in the hot weather.

20. mackie

Most people here drink a heckuva lot more than that.